XXXI.

While the whole of Hogwarts did not know about Lalia's disappearance, she still had friends that she had to clue in once she was free from the hospital wing. 

Ginny and Mahealani were easy to clue in. She was able to tell them everything. She knew Ginny's family was on Dumbledore's side and she already trusted her cousin compeletely. Ginny had been shocked to learn that Lalia was a seer, but she understood why the girl had kept it a secret. 

It wasn't as easy to tell Morag and Sue what had happened, when they were missing and would continue to have missing pieces of information. She merely told them that the fake Mad-Eye Moody had accidentally revealed himself to her and prevented her from going to the Professors about it. She told them about being locked away, but kept Dumbledore's plans and her visions from them.

Thankfully, the girls had responded well to what she had told them and were just thankful that she was okay. 

The night of the Leaving Feast, she entered with Sue, Morag, and Luna to see the black drapes instead of House colors. 

The mood within the Hall was very somber and Lalia stared at the table fidgeting, while her friends talked around her. 

"The end," said Dumbledore, looking around at them all, "of another year."

He paused, and his eyes fell upon the Hufflepuff table. Theirs had been the most subdued table before he had gotten to his feet, and theirs were still the saddest and palest faces in the Hall. 

"There is much that I would like to say to you all tonight," said Dumbledore, "but I must first acknowledge the loss of a very fine person, who should be sitting here," he gestured toward the Hufflepuffs, "enjoying our feast with us. I would like you all, please, to stand, and rasie your glasses, to Cedric Diggory."

They did it, all of them; the benches scraped as everyone in the Hall stood, and raised their goblets, and echoed, in one loud, low, rumbling voice, "Cedric Diggory."

Lalia felt the tears on her face once again, but made no move to wipe them away.

"Cedric was a person who exemplified many of the qualities that distinguish Hufflepuff House," Dumbledore continued. "He was a good and loyal friend, a hard worker, he valued fair play. His death has affected you all, whether you knew him well or not. I think that you have the right, therefore, to know exactly how it came about."

Lalia's eyes clenched closed.

"Cedric Diggory was murdered by Lord Voldemort."

Panicked whispers were heard in the Great Hall. 

"The Ministry of Magic," Dumbledore continued, "does not wish me to tell you this. It is possible that some of your parents will be horrified that I have done so - either because they will not believe that Lord Voldemort has returned, or because they think I should not tell you so, young as you are. It is my belief, however, that the truth is generally preferable to lies, and that any attempt to pretend that Cedric died as the result of an accident, or some sort of blunder of his own, is an insult to his memory."

Lalia's eyes reopened and she looked back to Dumbledore.

"There is somebody else who must be mentioned in connection with Cedric's death," Dumbledore went on. "I am talking, of course, about Harry Potter."

Lalia felt terrible as all heads turned to stare at her friend.

"Harry Potter managed to escape Lord Voldemort," said Dumbledore. "He risked his own life to return Cedric's body to Hogwarts. He showed, in every respect, the bravery that few wizards have ever shown in facing Lord Voldemort, and for this, I honor him."