I.

"Please?"

"No."

"Pretty please?"

"No."

"Papaaaaá, please?"

"Lalia, no. He would kill me. Now stop asking before I tell him when he gets home," Sirius said, standing up from the couch and walking away from his daughter.

"But, papá! Hear me out!"

Sirius stopped and looked at her with his arms crossed and eyebrow raised.

"Dad was alone every transition without you and he's alone now whenever you have to go to avoid Ministry suspicion. But if you helped me became an animagus, he'd rarely be alone."

"Lobita ... he would kill me."

Lalia bit her lip to prevent herself from smiling at the nickname. Her favorite thing of being with both her dads was the way their nicknames involved each other. Remus called her little bean as in the toe beans of a dog's padfoot. And now Sirius had begun calling her little wolf in Spanish. She adored the nicknames.

"Please, papá. I just want to help," she begged, looking at him with puppy dog eyes and a pouting lip.

Sirius stared at her with a glare.

"No. No. I invented that. It won't work."

Lalia continued unrelenting.

Sirius rolled his eyes. He shook his head to say no. When he looked back at Lalia's eyes, he groaned loudly.

"Fine! Now stop that! But if Remus finds out what you're doing I never knew!"

"Oh, thank you! Thank you!" Lalia rushed to hug her dad squealing.

"Yeah, whatever. Is the guest room clean? Harry comes in two days."

"Yep. Finished cleaning it yesterday."

The two were occupying the Lupin cottage. They were alone as Remus was out looking for work. Again. They often found themselves alone together.

Which Remus found helpful in forcing the two to get to know each other. They were both so prideful that they couldn't admit that they massively wanted to catch up on missed time.

Lalia started at her dad as he began making dinner for them. She suddenly rushed over and wrapped her arms tightly around his torso.

"Te quiero mucho. Papá, por favor no me dejes otra vez, por favor." (I love you so much. Dad, please don't leave me again, please."

Lalia was now sobbing against Sirius as his arms supported most of her weight. He quickly had turned off everything in the kitchen and taken her to the couch to sit down.

It hurt Sirius seeing his daughter in so much pain, especially since he was the cause. These breakdowns had happened frequently during the summer. They were beginning to slow but after her and Sirius finally broke the massive wall between them she had cried out for him multiple times in the day.

The worst for Remus and Sirius were her night terrors where she screamed out their names begging them not to leave her alone. They both would lie with her in bed. They'd run their hands over her head and attempt to reassure her, but she was lost to them until she woke up and then they would hold her until she cried herself back to sleep.

The summer had not been easy for the family.

"I'm not going anywhere," Sirius whispered. He had laid her down on the couch and was rubbing her back to comfort her. "I could never leave you, lobita."