XIV.

The following weekend, the four had managed to get their hands on a crystal ball and meet in secret in an empty classroom.

They set it up at a table and all sat staring at it.

"What now?" Ron asked, glancing at Lalia who was squinting at the ball.

"I don't really know. The fog will just start clearing sometimes," Lalia said, not looking away from the orb.

The room became silent once more as the trio waited for the girl to see something.

"Are you sure -"

"Ronald!" Lalia snapped, breaking her eye contact with the ball. "You talking is not going to help me see anything!"

"Yeah. I get that, but you've looked at this ball how many times, but you've only had a vision twice. We could be waiting forever."

"He does have a point," added Harry.

"Well, do you have any alternatives?" Lalia asked, eyes blazing.

Ron attempted to clear his throat, while avoiding Lalia's eyes.

"Well, I do..."

Lalia was actually shocked at this. She had thought Ron had just been bored.

"Keep the orb. It might work randomly one day, but I think they better option is for you to listen to the egg again..."

The room became quiet and Harry and Hermione simply looked between the two who wouldn't break eye contact with each other.

Lalia had paled at the idea of losing control in that way again, but she also understood that Ron's idea was a good one.

Finally looking away, Lalia nodded.

"Okay. Let's do it. Go get it."

Ron remained frozen for a minute, he glanced at Harry and upon receiving a nod. He left to grab the egg from their dormitory.

"Are you sure about this, Lia?" Harry asked softly.

"Anything to help you," she said giving him a small sad smile.

The friends sat waiting in silence until Ron came barreling in the classroom.

He pulled the egg out of lumpy old sack he had thrown it into. He placed it next to the orb that had been moved to the side.

Hermione whispered silencing spells around the room, hoping no one heard the shrieks of the egg.

"Okay, do it," Lalia whispered. Her lips and throat were dry, but her attempts to wet them failed.

Harry opened the egg and the trio rushed to cover their ears at the horrible sound.

Lalia's head flung back, causing the friends to become worried for her. Slowly she raised it again to stare at them with glowing blue eyes.

"Four will start, two will enter. One will part, one will shudder. He will rise, not with the prize." Lalia's voice repeated staring blankly at Harry.

"Is that the same prophecy from the Cup?" Ron shouted over the egg.

Hermione and Harry nodded.

"Four will start, two will enter. One will part, one will shudder. He will rise, not with the prize."

"Close it, Harry!" Hermione shouted.

Harry rushed forward to close the egg as Lalia repeated the prophecy again.

Once the egg had closed, the trio dropped their hands and looked at their friend who still had glowing eyes.

Lalia slowly turned her head to face where Harry had moved before speaking again.