Prologue

Harry and Lalia were going to be best friends even if they weren't aware of it. When their fathers found out they would be having children within a month of each other, they were ecstatic.

They began planning crazy antics for their "boys" to get into. The stories became wilder as their children grew within their imagination.

However, one day when James Potter, Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, and Peter Pettigrew charmed a necklace to check the sex of the babies- for what was what seemed their hundredth attempt- it worked.

Lily and Alissa were finally far enough into their pregnancy for the charm to work. As the ring in Remus's hand swung side to side over Lily's belly, James grin widened.

When Remus switched the ring to hang out Alissa's stomach, the pattern changed. It began swinging softly in a circular motion.

The room became deadly quiet and everyone turned to face a silent Sirius.

He sat still for a while, before a small smile graced his face as he stared at Alissa's belly.

"We're gonna have a daughter," he said softly, reaching to rub her stomach and grabbing Remus's hand in his other.

This news did change James and Sirius plans some, but then Remus reminded Sirius that any child of his would be up for shenanigans. And suddenly the scheming continued, with Sirius pointing at Lily's belly stating, "You better keep her safe," multiple times.

The parents knew the kids would be friends, what they didn't expect was how quickly they would latch onto each other. Shortly after Lalia Black was born, the Potters visited the Black household as well as the other Marauder. Alissa was settled on the couch while Sirius first let in the family, who quickly made their way to the little girl, but as soon as Sirius walked away from the door another knock sounded causing him to return to see Peter there. When the adults entered the room, Remus was sitting on the couch next to Alissa playing with Lalia's toes. Sirius plopped himself down on the opposite side of Alissa.

The content sleeping Lalia woke up to the adults cooing over her. She trailed her eyes over everyone there including the tuft of black hair in the blanket in Lily's arms.

Peter leaned a little closer to Lalia and whispered a soft hello. He had blocked her view of the majority of the room. There was a pause as she opened her mouth. Lalia began crying frantically, causing all the adults but her parents who rested on the couch with her to pull away.

Her parents quickly filtered through everything that could be upsetting her. They checked her diaper, if she was hungry, they adjusted her position, they tried singing or bouncing her. Nothing worked.

Lily quickly passed Harry to Sirius and asked to try and calm Lalia. Once, Harry was next to Lalia, she calmed down and stared at him.

Everyone relaxed and Lily reached to pull Harry back to her. Once Harry's face was out of Lalia's sight, her cries began again.

Everyone frowned, Lily putting Harry back in Sirius's arms and reaching toward the girl to pick her up. The screams ended until Lalia found herself moved. She began crying and kicking in Lily's arms out of frustration.

"You don't think...," Remus died off.

"I do," James replied. "Lily give her back to Alissa."

Once Lalia had been returned to her position she quieted down. They all glanced at young Harry, who smiled a toothless grin at the little girl beside him.

James had stepped towards his son and pulled him away from Lalia, testing their theory. Her screams returned and James noticed Harry's smile disappear and brow furrowed. James quickly returned the boy to Sirius's lap where Harry's smile returned and Lalia calmly stared at the boy.