VI.

"Everyone up!" said a voice, pounding on the third year Ravenclaw's door. 

"What, what's going on?" asked a yawning Morag. 

Lisa walked to the door and peaked her head out. "What is it?" 

"Let's go. Everyone's sleeping in the Great Hall," said the prefect who had knocked on their door. The girls got out of bed, some slipping on socks or slippers, others carrying blankets wrapped around their shoulders and began the walk down to the Great Hall. Upon arriving there, they saw Gryffindor house clumped together already as the other two houses walked in with them. 

Professor Dumbledore, Professor McGonagall, and Professor Flitwick closed all doors but one as they relayed instructions to Percy Weasley, the Head Boy, and the Head Girl. Lalia caught whispers of her father being in the school. She panicked looking for her dad, but couldn't see him. She ran to Professor McGonagall with tears in her eyes. 

"My dad...," she choked. "Professor, where is my dad?" 

McGonagall grabbed the girls hand tightly. The Head Girl had walked away to inform the prefects of the situation and Dumbledore was waving his wand making sleeping bags appear. 

"Shh.. shh..." she comforted the girl. "He's searching the school with the other professors." 

"But... he can't... if dad," the girl tried to force words out. 

"He'll be fine. I'll make sure of it." McGonagall called over Percy. "Take care of her for me." 

Percy nodded looking at the crying girl. He walked her over to his family. 

"Hermione," he said, unsure how to handle the crying girl. 

Hermione stood up, putting an arm around the crying girl and pulling her into a sleeping bag by the golden trio in a corner. 

When the professors left, the Great Hall exploded into conversations. 

"Everyone into their sleeping bags!" shouted Percy. "Come on, now, no more talking! Lights out in ten minutes!" 

"Do you think Black's still in the castle?" Hermione whispered anxiously, looking down at the head of the crying girl in her lap.

"Dumbledore obviously thinks he might be," said Ron, scowling at the girl. 

"It's very lucky he picked tonight, you know," said Hermione as they climbed fully dressed into their sleeping bags and propped themselves on their elbows to talk. Hermione kept one hand firmly grasped on one of Lalia's. "The one night we weren't in the tower... ."

"I reckon he's lost track of time, being on the run," said Ron. "Didn't realize it was Halloween. Otherwise he'd have come bursting in here." 

Everyone looked at Lalia who whimpered and shuddered at the thought of her father rushing in the Hall. Ron gulped as Harry and Hermione glared at him. He was beginning to feel bad, realizing how terrified the girl was of her dad. 

They could hear the conversations of people wondering how he got in. 

"Honestly, am I the only person who's ever bothered to read Hogwarts, A History?" said Hermione crossly. 

Lalia ignored Ron and Hermione discuss the protections of Hogwarts. Instead she looked at Harry, who stared at her worriedly. They just quietly looked at each other.

"Are you okay?" Harry finally asked her. 

"Remember how you weren't allowed to do the boggart in front of the class and why?" Lalia asked him. Her voice caught the attention of the other two.