XI.

Lalia, Morag, Sue, Luna, and even Ginny had made it their mission to send a death stare to Ron whenever he was in their vicinity.

The boy had caught their glares a couple of times and hastily turned away.

When there was another Hogsmeade weekend, an owl arrived before Lalia in the Great Hall. She started at it quizzically, since the one person she expected to get an owl from was in the castle with her.

Untying the letter and offering the bird some pieces of her bread, she saw that her assumption had been right.

My office. Right after breakfast.
-Dad.

She rolled her eyes at her dad's dramatic reminder, but sighed. She could finally get the courage to ask her dad the question that had been bugging her for a while now.

After the girls finished their meals, Lalia hugged them all goodbye before heading down the corridor to her dad's office.

"Hiya, dad," she said cheerily peeking in.

"Hi, little bean. Glad to see you haven't snuck off to Hogsmeade again," he said looking at her.

She looked down under his gaze.

"Yep," she said, popping the last letter.

He offered her a cup of tea and she moved towards a chair.

"Dad, can I ask you a question?"

"Of course you can."

She looked up into his warn eyes before taking a deep breath.

"Will you tell me the story of how you and dad started dating?" she asked softly.

Remus hissed. He hadn't been expecting this question, but considering the year she'd had, it made sense.

Sighing, he nodded.

"We both liked each other for a while, but we didn't understand our feelings until fourth year I'd say. It was around later that year that some of our friends started catching on. Lily caught me watching your father during Quidditch matches and James caught him watching me during class. Slowly they started pushing the both of us until we admitted it to them. Until about the middle of fifth year, no one but those two knew half the story.

"But at the end of our fifth year, our potions professor stirred things up. Literally and figuratively. He brought out amortentia. A powerful love potion. It smelled like the person or things you loved most.

"We didn't know this yet, but your father had started making fun of me saying I reeked of chocolate, asking how much I had eaten that morning, but I hadn't eaten any. So I snapped back at him, saying what about the smell of his cigarettes and body wash that was giving me a headache, though I truly loved the smell."

"Lily and James even whispered a few words to each other that day about them smelling each other, though I don't know what they smelled. We all quieted down and the professor told us what the potion was. I was so embarrassed. Your father had come out as pan already, but I hadn't come out as gay yet. My face was so red when all our friends gave us mischievous smiles, oh especially your mother. She was ecstatic at the news, had been secretly hoping we liked each other. I remember your father barking at them to turn away if they knew what was good for them.

"The school year was almost over so we ignored what happened mostly. There were a few stolen kisses, but no it wasn't until about a month into sixth year. He was hanging out a window smoking and I went to find him. James had said he was in a bad mood. So, I slid my legs out the window next go him, silently. He put out the cigarette and cupped my face in his hands.