XVIII.

Lalia was swimming in what she assumed to be the Black Lake. She hadn't noticed that she wasn't forced to hold her breath. It was as if she was able to breath under water. She felt like the water was banging on her face violently. Lalia swam forward unsure was she was searching for, but feeling calm in the dark waters.

Something in the water reflected light in the girl's eye, pushing the girl to begin swimming harder towards it. It was a mirror, floating in the lake, but tied in place to the ground. Confused, Lalia looked closer at the object. Like any mirror she saw herself in it. Lalia looked closer when she realized that the version of herself in the mirror was not her reflection. The mirror showed her with her eyes closed, frozen in space, being rocked by the water.

Jumping at the image in front, Lalia woke herself up. She jumped up in bed next to Ginny, who thankfully did not wake up.

The green and red gowns on the floor alerted Lalia to what had happened. She had not taken her draught before going to bed with Ginny and had just had her first vision in months. She wanted to immediately tell the trio, but she remembered Harry's words. He did not think the visions were worth the visits from Voldemort.

Lalia realized she wasn't even sure what the vision meant and until she knew the meaning she would keep it to herself. She carefully got out of bed and wrote Ginny a note before grabbing her dress and leaving to Ravenclaw tower.

The dress was thrown onto her trunk at the end of her bed before she noticed the owl sitting in the middle of it.

Lalia walked over and offered the owl a treat before she untied the letter it carried and released it. The owl immediately flew away

Lalia,

I obviously had to give you this separately than the joint gift as your dad would actually kill me.

I've written out the instructions for the animagus potion. Follow it perfectly. If it is not bright red upon finishing, throw it out! Do not drink it, if you aren't absolutely positive it will work. I'd rather help you get ingredients multiple times than end up with a half human half animal daughter.

I'm serious,

Sirius.

P.S. I've included three Death's-Head Hawk Moth's chrysalis and a substantial amount of mandrake leafs. I will give you the untouched dew once I have it. I know where to get it in the forest by school and will hopefully be nearby soon to do so.

Instructions:

Place a mandrake leaf under your tongue for a month, avoid talking much to lessen the chance of it moving. At the end of the month, put the leaf in a phial in direct moonlight. If the moon is new or blocked, you will have to redo this step.

Add one strand of hair to the phial. Add a teaspoon of dew from a place untouched by sunlight or humans for at least seven days.

Lastly, add a chrysalis and place the phial in a dark place where it will remain undisturbed until the next lightning storm. Upon the first strike of the lightning storm, it will turn blood-red and you can drink it IN PRIVATE.

I repeat one more time. If it is not BLOOD-RED, DO NOT DRINK IT!

Lalia knew that this didn't guarantee that he would get the dew to her before the month was up, but she impatiently opened the package and placed a mandrake leaf under her tongue to begin the process.

The following week, classes had begun again and Lalia was avoiding most of her friends to avoid displacing the mandrake leaf. When she was with them it was to do homework in silence.