II.

I'm changing some things in this story currently, so if you haven't please go back and read from the beginning. The primary change is Remus's relationship to Lalia (1/10/20).

Footsteps slammed on the hardwood floors. They were echoing in the large mostly empty rooms.

Lelia was on a mission in Malfoy Manor. She could figure out what the three adults in her life were hiding from her once she was alone with her cousin.

Reaching the staircase, she rushed upstairs, hoping that Narcissa wouldn't come back early.

Lalia turned the doorknob and flung the door open, to where it bounced slightly back off the wall.

She turned to the figure in the bed, mouth open prepared to rant, but stopped when she saw the glare on his face. Furrowing her brows, she shrugged at him.

"Oh, sure, Lalia. Come in, not like I could be changing or anything," drawled Draco with a sneer.

"Thanks, Draco," ignoring his sarcasm. "Do you have the Daily Prophet?"

"Yes... Why?"

"My dad threw my copy away and when I got here, your parents said that it was rotting my brain. Now, dad throwing it away could have been an accident. But all three of them not wanting me to see it, now that's suspicious."

Draco just stared blankly at her waiting for her to finish ranting. He knew that she usually kept these rants internalized and the only reason he was allowed to hear them was because of years of trust they had built.

"So can I have it?"

Draco reached onto his side table and flung the paper at his cousin.

"Than-"

She froze, her face dropping as she looked at the front cover.

BLACK STILL AT LARGE

Sirius Black, possibly the most infamous prisoner ever to be held in Azkaban fortress, is still eluding capture, the Ministry of Magic confirmed today.
"We are doing all we can to recapture Black," said the Minister of Magic, Cornelius Fudge ...
...
... fear of a massacre like that of twelve years ago, when Black murdered thirteen people with a single curse. Black's daughter celebrated her first birthday two and a half months before the massacre.

"Get why they stopped you from seeing it?" Draco said softly, moving closer to his cousin.

"He's... He's.... My dad is out?" Lalia asked, looking at Draco with tears filling her eyes.

Draco grabbed her hand and threw the paper into the corner of his room before pulling her down to lean on his shoulder.

"Hey, hey. It's okay. At least your dad is letting you go to Hogwarts. You'll be with me and him and your dad, well other dad, won't be able to get to you.

"See things are better than they seem. Plus we get to go Diagon Alley together."

"That's true." Her head was still leaning against his shoulder.

"Are they sorting you with the first years?"

She made a unclear sound and shrugged her shoulders.

"Do you have a house you prefer?"

She muttered a dissenting grunt. 

"Okay. Malfoys are all Slytherins and both your dad's were Gryffindors. Your mum was a Ravenclaw."