V.

Mr. Weasley woke them up early the next morning and headed to the spot where they Portkeys lay. Mr. Weasley had a hurried discussion with Basil, the keeper of the Portkeys and they joined the queue. 

While the Weasleys, Hermione, and Harry were taking an old tire back to the Burrow, Lalia waved goodbye and made her way to an extremely broken hair clip. She appeared in the field outside the Malfoy Manor and ran towards the door. 

"Draco!" she screamed. "Draco!"

A door was flung open. The doorway holding a panicked messy platinum blonde teen. 

"Lalia!" 

The cousins ran into each other's arms. Draco ran his hand through Lalia's hair. 

"It was... It was awful, Draco. I got lost... I'm sorry, I got lost. I didn't mean to," Lalia gasped at her cousin. She pulled away to see his parent's standing in the doorway observing them. 

"It's okay, I'm not mad."

Draco guided Lalia towards the house where the adults both hugged the now silent girl and shared their relief that she was unharmed. Sensing her discomfort, he asked for them to  be excused to their rooms.

The door closed behind the two. 

"What? What's on your mind?" 

"Did you go home with the Portkey?" 

"What do you mean? Why would you think I hadn't?" 

Looking into Draco's eyes, Lalia could see that Draco was confused, but Ron had placed the seed of doubt in her mind. 

"Just answer the question! Where were you, Draco?"

"Here, Lalia. I took the Portkey back to the Manor. I was here. I was going to go look for you, but I didn't let go of the Portkey quick enough. I'm sorry."

Lalia threw herself into his arms. 

"I trust you, I trust you. I'm sorry I doubted you. You did the right thing."

Once Draco had calmed down, he pulled away to focus on Lalia. 

"Now, what's wrong?"

"The people who attacked last night. They were Death Eaters." When Draco simply shrugged, she continued. "The Dark Mark appeared over the campsite."

"Okay? I don't understand what this had to do with Mother and Father." 

"Draco! Your parents wouldn't let us camp and then the Death Eaters attack right after our Portkey leaves? Your parents who are known blood purists just tried to send us home an coincidentally that's when the attacks started?"

"You think... No, no! They would've told me!"

"Maybe. Maybe not if you were spending it with me, known friend of Harry Potter."

The room became silent. Both teens stared intensely at the other, trying to sway the other's opinion. Lalia could tell that Draco was faltering in his beliefs.

A loud knock sounded at the door, causing both to jump and snap their heads in the direction of the cracked open wood. 

"Just checking on you both. Are you hungry?" Narcissa asked. 

"No, we're fine," Lalia rushed. 

"Completely fine," added Draco. 

"Okay, well let me know if you need anything." She stopped closing the door and turned to Lalia. "Oh, Lalia. I'm going shopping for Draco's Hogwart's supplies, did you need me to grab yours as well?"