II.

"So are you both excited for the World Cup?" Sirius asked at the dinner table as the family had dinner together.

"Yes!" The two kids said at the same time.

"You haven't gone?" asked Harry, confused.

"No, remember your match was the first one I watched. A certain someone thought they were too crowded for me," Lalia said, flashing her eyes in Remus's direction.

Sirius choked down a laugh as the referenced man glared at his two favorite people.

Lalia grinned cheekily at the glaring man.

"I'm really excited though. It's going to be so big compared to our school matches!"

"I can't wait to see professionals play," added Harry.

"You'll both have a great time," Remus said. "How do you feel about the upcoming school year?"

"I'd feel better if you were my DADA teacher," Lalia said while rolling her eyes.

"Harry?" asked Remus, ignoring his daughter.

"Okay, I guess. Not excited. Not upset. Ready for another quidditch season."

"Well I'm excited to see all my Ravenclaw friends. I miss them dearly." Lalia butted herself into the conversation.

"Ugh, don't remind me," Sirius groaned, covering his eyes with a hand.

"What?" asked Harry.

"Papá has been heartbroken all summer that I'm not in Gryffindor. But like I already told him, the hat wanted to place me there. But I thought he was evil and didn't want to be like him so I asked not to be."

"You were going to be in Gryffindor?" Harry asked surprised.

"Wow. Don't sound too shocked. I'm brave and my dads are both Gryffindors."

"No, it's not unbelievable. It's just it would've been nice to have you in the tower."

"On second thought, glad you're in Ravenclaw," muttered Sirius, rolling his eyes.

"S'not like it matters, Harry. You lot always give me the Gryffindor password and Hermione can always solve the Ravenclaw riddle."

The two staring at each other didn't notice Sirius's death grip on Remus's hand. The first year of the children's lives rushing back to him. He could feel James's smug smirk looking down at the back of his neck.

"Why don't we eat that chocolate cake you two made?" Remus said diffusing the situation.

He stood and brought the cake from the counter to the table.

"And after we eat, we can all go look at more photos that Sirius and I found and tell you two some more about before."

"Can I have hot chocolate then?" Harry and Laila asked at the same time.

Their heads flashed towards each other before turning back to the man who had froze cutting the cake.

He choked out a laugh.

"Dad? What, dad? What did we say?"

Tears were gathering in Remus's eyes so Sirius had began rubbing his back to calm him down.

"When you both were little tots, Remus would make you hot chocolate any time he watched you."

"That explains why I crave it when I see him," Harry muttered mostly to himself.

"Just shocked me a little when you both asked for it," Remus said, sliding cake onto Harry's and then Lalia's plates. 

"Boys still can't  go in the girls dormitories, right?" asked Sirius.