XII.

Lalia's worry over Harry became apparently clear to their friends. While Harry wasn't encouraging her behavior, he also wasn't putting any distance between the two of them. He often caught her empty eyes staring, her face unresponsive while her friends around her laughed, causing his heart to ache. These faces are what made Harry give in to her wishes to sit next to him at every meal, every class they shared, to cling to his arm or hand under the table, and even to continue sleeping in his bed. 

The fight with Malfoy had only worsened her mood as she started to desperately search for Harry in rooms she was waiting to meet him in. 

Lalia had seen the badges around school the first school day after the choosing of champions, most around her read:

SUPPORT CEDRIC DIGGORY-

THE REAL HOGWARTS CHAMPION!

It wasn't until the dinner after the Gryffindors had double potions with the Slytherins that things changed for her quickly. 

"Where's Hermione?" Lalia asked Harry as he sat next to her and Ginny. 

"Why don't you ask your cousin?" growled Ron, down the way before Harry's legs had even hit the bench.

Lalia furrowed her brows at the red head who hadn't talked to her much since his and Harry's fight because she never left Harry's side. 

"What does he mean, Harry?" Lalia asked softly. 

"Your cousin's stupid badges. They change to read 'POTTER STINKS'. Well, Hermione made fun of them and Malfoy called her a Mudblood. Again. Malfoy and I attacked each other. I hit Goyle, he hit Hermione."

Harry explained Hermione's teeth growing and Snape's awful reply to seeing the change. Harry practically growled when talking about Snape. 

When he had finished explaining, Lalia turned to look in her cousins direction where his badge read:

POTTER STINKS!

Harry had attempted to keep Lalia seated but it was no use. She stood and stomped over towards her cousin with Harry rushing after her. 

"Draco," Lalia said sternly, catching his attention.

"Li?" he asked her softly with furrowed brows. His expression changed quickly to a smirk upon seeing Harry behind her. 

"Get up." When Draco didn't move, Lalia repeated herself more harshly. 

Draco jumped up from his seat, Lalia grabbed his hand and drug him out of the Great Hall. Once in the Entrance Hall, she threw his arm down and turned to face him. She saw Harry and Crabbe and Goyle quickly following after them. 

"How could say something so awful!? What did you do to Hermione?" Lalia shouted at him. 

Harry had hurriedly placed himself behind the girl, even carefully grabbing her hand to keep her away from the boy.

"Li...," Draco started softly, he quickly glanced behind him to see his friends and straightened himself up. "Lalia, her blood is dirty. You need to be careful who you're hanging out with they're tainting you." He held his nose in the air similarly to his father. 

"Draco! You aren't your parents," Lalia pleaded desperately. 

At this point Blaise Zabini, Pansy Parkinson, and Theodore Nott had entered the hall. 

Draco scoffed before replying, "Well I can see I'm too late, you're already a Mudblood lover." He pulled his lips up in a sneer. 

Lalia froze in the hall before her vision focused in on only her cousin. She ripped her arm out of Harry's hand and rushed towards her cousin. They tumbled to the ground together as Lalia pummeled her fist into Draco, who simply held his arms to block her attacks.