𝓎/𝓃 𝒷𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓀𝓈 𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝒶𝓇𝓂; 𝑒𝓂𝓂𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓉𝓈𝑜𝓃

It was one look away. Just one. It was a split second; it didn't feel like more than that. Yet here they were in the hospital. Amalia's legs swung as she sat on the table, though she wasn't the reason they were there at all. It was Y/n. 

She saved Amalia from falling off the monkey bars and ended up breaking her arm in the process. Instead of calling Emma she called one of her friends. Amalia was shaken a little but grateful Y/n stopped her from falling. 

As for Y/n she was miserable. She barely got any sleep the night before, she felt irritable; her eyes felt heavy, she felt like death. Her arm had only added to that, but she'd do it again. She thought to herself, that this could've easily been the girl next to her. 

Matters only worsened when her friend decided to call Emma, because she figured that's what Y/n was trying to say. She opened the door finding the two girls sitting in silence. 

"Mommy. It's my fault, don't get mad at --" she started sobbing. Y/n hurried to stand up and wipe her tears, forgetting that her arm was broken, she winced. "I'm sorry, Y/n. I am so sorry," she sobbed. It broke her heart; she didn't want to see Amalia crying. It pained her more than her arm. 

"It's alright. I promise," Y/n whispered. "You aren't in trouble, Amalia." She tried catching her breathe; it took awhile for her to calm down. Emma sat down next to her wrapping her arm around her. 

"It's okay, baby," she whispered. "What happened?"

"I-I was gon-gonna fall," she started, tears falling again. 

"She was going to fall, I swear I only looked away for a second, just one. When I looked back her hand was slipping and I forced myself underneath her." Emma looked between the both of them, landing her eyes on Y/n. "I'm sorry, Em." 

"No. No you don't need to be sorry. None of you do. This isn't a blame game. Amalia you are kid, you'll be reckless, it's normal. Y/n you'd throw yourself in front of train to save someone, for awhile it made me upset, but now I understand it." Emma rubbed her hand down Amalia's back. "I love you both. Beside your broken arm, I am glad that you both are okay." 

"I love you too," Y/n said. 

"Amalia how about you go get a sticker from the nurse I want to talk to Y/n," Emma said. Amalia nodded. A few seconds later it was just the both of them in the room. "Are you okay?"

"Yes. I'm just a little tired is all." Emma looked at her skeptically. "I promise."

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"Saving her," Emma said, she moved to knee down in front of Y/n who was still sitting. "I am glad you saved her." 

"Get off the ground," Y/n whispered. Emma stood up. "I'd hug you, but my arm is at about a six on a scale of ten, give me a second." Emma giggled at her. 

"you're an idiot."

"Hey! That's a no-no words," Y/n warned. "Amalia yelled at me the other day for that, don't think you get to say it because you're old."

"I am not!" she shouted. 

"I am not," Y/n mocked in a british accent. Emma scoffed at her. "It's the drugs."

"You get a warning this time, next time--"

"Ms. Y/L/N," the doctor started, "they call us the hero's," he laughed. "So, what colour cast you thinking?"

"Let the little girl decided," she muttered. "I'm sure if it's not to her liking she'll tell everyone at school. Last time they bit my ankles because my phone case wasn't pretty." Emma laughed. "They're crazy," she whispered. 

"Red is fine," Emma muttered. 

"Are you her mom?" The doctor asked, filling out the paper. "It's not normal for twenty-something year olds to bring their moms." Y/n started laughing. 

"No. Dear god," she laughed. "She's my girlfriend." Emma didn't even feel offended, she just laughed. "She looks old?"

"No," he muttered. 

"K, can we hurry this up, we might miss the whatever princess show that child is into," Y/n said. The doctor nodded. "Thanks." She sat back in her chair, still a little loopy from the pain meds. "These meds don't work too well," she mumbled. Emma playfully hit her shoulder. "What? Emma they don't. I can still feel-- I'm missing my ankles. Oh my god. I can't feel." Emma kicked them for her. "Ouch!" 

"Well we know you can feel them now," the doctor laughed. 

"What would I do without her? I'd be missing my ankles I'll tell you," Y/n muttered. "Hey, Emma, wanna marry me?" 

"Ask me when you aren't high," Emma said, giving her a laugh. 

"Not fair. I wouldn't have the courage if I weren't." Y/n groaned. "Ouch!" 

"What?" The doctor asked. 

"Could feel my lips for a second so I bit them, too hard." 

"Stop forgetting things," Emma laughed. "You have everything you should." 

"My toes! My toes are missing!" She screamed, tears brewing in her eyes. "Emma. How could you love me with no toes? I won't be able to write without them." She started crying. "I'm a freak!" 

"Oh my god," Emma laughed. "Is she suppose to be like that?"

"Totally normal," he whispered.

"How is it normal!? You tell me! I am missing my freaking toes! I can't watch movies without them! It's not funny," she sobbed. "First I don't have ankles, then I don't have lips, now my girlfriend doesn't want to marry me, I broke a rib or whatever it was you said, and now I'm missing my toes!" 

"If you were missing your ankles, you wouldn't have feet," Emma whispered.

"What?" Y/n squeaked. "I don't have feet? Emma why you say that! That's so insensitive!" She sobbed even harder. "I'm calling the wedding off."

"Oh no." Emma grasped at her heart. "Not the wedding, baby please."

"No! Screw you, I am gonna marry-- Amalia! Your mom won't stop making fun of me, tell her to stop it."

"Stop it," Amalia said. "She's missing her toes," she whispered. Emma scoffed at her. "Sorry."

--

is 

y/n 

missing 

her feet?

oh no

how will she watch movies without them? Someone buy her lego man blocks please, she won't lose them then.

amalia is a bestie