Completely Gone

⚠️tw⚠️

He knew he couldn't keep putting it off.

He had to move on and this was the only way.

But the door haunted Peter, it seemed to know his pain and how to make his world crumble around him.

But at this point, you can't fix what is already broken, and you definitely can't break it further.

So he did it.

He walked down the hallway and paused in front of the door. A door that seemed normal to anybody else, but for Peter, it was his greatest enemy and his greatest peace

Peter slowly turned the knob and found the room exactly how he saw it on the last day.

The day everything fell apart.

§

"Good morning, darlin."

Peter was awoken with a slight shake and a kiss to his forehead.

Peter grumbled. "What time is it?"

"Mission time."

Peter's eyes snapped open. "You're kidding, right? But it's Sunday."

Harley laughed at his boyfriend's reaction. "Unfortunately, darlin, monsters don't stop on Sunday. In fact, they really don't ever stop."

And he was right, they never stop.

Peter and Harley got up and suited up. Harley was ready within five minutes while Peter was dragging himself around, still not happy about the sleep interruption.

"Peter," Harley complained, a ghost of a smile on his face. "Come on...they're waiting for us."

Peter wrinkled his nose, but sped up nevertheless.

By the time it was nine am, they were boarded on the Quinjet and ready to go.

If only Peter knew that it would be the last time he saw Harley alive.

If only he knew that he would be carrying Harley's dead body back to the Quinjet, bleeding out himself.

Maybe if he was fast enough, Harley would still be here.

Maybe if he didn't fail, he would still be happy.

But instead he watched as Harley, the love of his life, was brutally murdered in front of him.

He saw everything.

He still heard the screams, a heart wrenching sound that shouldn't come from such beautiful lips.

He still remembered the look of Harley's organs spilling out of his body. His beautiful love, completely vulnerable.

And completely gone.

§

Peter collapsed on the bed, enveloping himself in the comforter. Bringing it up to his face, he slowly inhaled and exhaled out a sob.

The smell.

The smell of home.

It was all he had left. Because the one he loved was gone. He was never coming back. Peter knew it, but sometimes he wished he could have his heart back.

He just needed a break.

A break from the pain of loss. It hurt too much, the longing, the heartbreak.

Why did you leave us, Harls?

Why did you leave me?

Stay safe (unlike these bitches) <3