Short-Lived Peace

Requested by Banana4lyfe

"Fuck you, Fury!" Tony yelled after setting down his phone. Hearing a faint, angry voice from it, he quickly grabbed it again to see that he forgot to hang up. Eyes widening, he fumbled with the hang up button and ended up chucking the phone across the lab.

"He-hey, Mr. Stark," Peter greeted, slightly stumbling as he saw the phone hit the wall.

"Hey, kid," he mumbled, digging his head in his hands.

"Are...are you okay?" Peter asked, unsure.

"Yeah, wait one second, kid," he dismissed before addressing the AI. "FRIDAY, will you distribute the message that Director Asshole needs us on a mission in Brazil ASAP?"

"Of course, boss."

Peter gasped, straightening his posture and slapping his hand over his mouth. "A mission? Can I come? I can web up all the bad guys and then-"

Tony held up his hand, signaling for Peter to stop. "No, sorry, kid. It's to far away and I don't wanna risk anything. Plus, it's not that big of a mission anyways."

"Oh...okay," Peter said, deflating. "I guess you want me to leave?"

"What? No," Tony exclaimed, his head snapping up. "Come on, kid. I promised your aunt that I would take care of you for your fall break and I'm not about to break a promise. Since, you and Harley are both here, you two can just hang out. We'll only be away for a week at most."

Peter perked up at that idea. "Okay!"

Tony's eyebrow rose. "Just...just don't host a party, or at least a big one. And no girls over...except for MJ...and Shuri...and Ted's girlfriend...Shelby?"

"Betty."

"Yeah, yeah, same thing. Just don't do anything I would do."

Peter's eyebrows furrowed in mock confusion. "So...don't breathe?"

Tony snorted at the remark. "Smartass."

§

Three months before...

"Hey, kid!" Tony yelled out as he went into Peter's lab.

"Jesus Christ..." he muttered as he stepped around the obstacles in the room. The place had random patches of spider web everywhere, most likely from test runs, and even had furniture and tools webbed to the ceiling. At one point, Tony had to take out his repulsor just so he could get his foot out of a web.

"You know, I don't wanna sound cliche, but you really need to clean your room!"

At that moment, Peter dropped upside down on a web, coming from a vent that was right in front of Tony. If you were to ask Tony later...he would deny anything about the high pitched screech he let out.

Tony swore softly under his breath and then slightly nudged Peter, motioning for him to get right side up.

"Yeah, Mr. Stark?"

"...we will talk about all of this later, including a presentation on how to avoid heart attacks. Anyways," Tony got back on track when he noticed Peter's confused look, "you remember Harley?"

Peter's eyes lit up and he nodded.

"Well we are gonna be picking him up from the airport in...two hours," he said, looking down at his watch. When he looked back up, Peter's eyes looked comically like dinner plates, resulting in Tony trying not to burst out in hysterics.

"Sorry about the...abruptness of the situation, but I was gonna make it a surprise," Tony grinned. "He's gonna be staying here for the next school year. That good with you?"

Peter grinned widely and nodded his head rapidly. "Of course, Mr. Stark!"

Tony glances at him weirdly before starting to leave the lab.

"Hold up," Peter started, confused. "Don't you have a private jet?"

Tony snorted, remembering the conversation he had with Harley. "Yeah, you try telling that to the little asshole."

§

Peter and Tony both stood on the balls of their feet trying to look for Harley, because as much as he tried to deny it, Tony was fucking short.

"Wow, old man, you need a boost to look over the giants?"

Tony rolled his eyes, but had an affectionate grin, as he turned around to face Harley. He pulled him into a brief hug before addressing him.

"So, still trying to fire potatoes at people?"

"Come on," Harley groaned. "That was one time!"

"Whatever you say, potato boy."

"Hey, Harls." Peter said softly.

"Hey, darlin," Harley said, with a big grin on his face.

The two of them hugged, gripping each other like they were holding on for dear life. Tony never seemed to notice the length of the hug...or the longing glances towards each other in the car...or even the lingering touches throughout the next three months.

In fact, Tony was absolutely, blissfully oblivious.

That's why the sight that greeted him when he got home early from the mission gave him such a surprise.

§

Present Day

Tony limped off of the elevator, exhausted from the mission. While it was harder than expected, it was at least shorter.

He made his way to the living room where he halted, seeing a lump on the couch. His eyes widened when he realized it wasn't only one person.

With Harry Potter playing in the background, Peter was out cold, snoring on a surface. One that just happened to be Harley's chest. They were cuddled up, no space between them. Peter, who Tony noticed was wearing Harley's sweatshirt, was gripped onto Harley like a teddy bear while Harley had his arms wrapped around the smaller boy. Tony smiled for a moment, happy they found peace. But the moment was short-lived when he saw the dark spot on Peter's neck.

"PETER BENJAMIN PARKER!"

This chapter marks the 40 oneshot! While it may not seem that big, I'm proud that I got this far and still plan to keep going :).

Stay safe <3