Rival Professors

AU where the Avengers don't exist. The people exist, but they aren't superheroes.

*Peter's POV*

I swear, if Keener undermines me one more fucking time, I'm gonna fight that bitch.

Harley Keener, the engineering professor, is my arch nemesis. This may seem like a petty, high school scenario, but he finds ways to decrease my authority and control over my students each day.

But...two can play at that game.

§

*Harley's POV*

Holy shit...

I'm gonna murder him.

'Him' being the biology professor, Peter Parker. You know, just because he's hot doesn't mean he can do whatever the fuck he wants.

This time, he filled the floor of my classroom with about five layers of balloons.

How are the students ever supposed to take me seriously now?

He's gonna regret this...

§

*Peter's POV*

I was grading work in my office when my phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Mr. Parker, you're needed in the dean's office."

Oh goodness...

§

I was on my way to the dean's office when Keener appeared beside me.

"Professor Keener," I greeted.

"Professor Parker. Are you on your way to the dean as well?"

"Yeah...Jesus Christ I feel like I'm in high school again."

Keener let out a low chuckle, making my stomach flutter.

That was weird...

§

"So, do you know why I called the two of you in here?" Dean Strange questioned, cocking an eyebrow.

Keener and I both shook our heads, earning a sigh from the dean.

"Oh god, what am I gonna do with the two of you," he mumbled, rubbing his temples. "I have been getting reports that the two of you have been acting like children, trying to outprank the other. If the two of you can't start to get along, I won't hesitate to lock you in a room till you at least become friendly."

I flushed, embarrassed at the call out. "Yes, sir."

"Professor Keener?"

"Yes, sir."

"Great, I'm glad we're all on the same page."

§

I was in the middle of class when I pulled up my powerpoint.

"Anyways, today we're gonna be going over-" but I stopped at the sound of snickers all across the room.

I turned around and up on the board, instead of my lesson, it was a big sign.

PETER PARKER IS AN ASSHOLE.

§

"What the fuck, Keener!" I yelled, barging into his class.

"Parker, can this wait?" he asked patiently.

"What? You're not gonna gloat-" but I stopped when I saw Keener pointing his head to the back of his classroom. There, observing the class, was Dean Strange, drilling holes in our heads, and I'm pretty sure that soon, that's not gonna be a metaphor.

§

"What the hell! I told you two to be civil! So what was that display!" Dean Strange exclaimed, slamming his hands on the desk.

"I'm sorry, sir. I didn't mean for you to see that," I explained.

"No, that's the thing, you didn't mean for me to see it, but you did it anyway. Do you two remember what I told the two of you when explained the consequences?"

"Well, yes sir, but-" Keener started, but he ended abruptly when we saw Dean Strange leave the room.

"Dean?"

But the dean just ignored us and instead locked the room from the outside.

"Well, fuck."

§

"What if we jumped out the window?" I asked, looking down.

Keener looked over and stared me down. "You would die. We're on the fifth floor, idiot," he deadpanned.

"I'm willing to try it."

"Parker, no."

I looked over at him, disappointed. "What do you care, anyways?"

"Just because we're 'rivals' doesn't mean I necessarily hate you."

I turned back to the window after that, trying to hide the growing smile on my face.

§

"Harley...I'm bored," I whined, bouncing a ball against the wall.

"So we're on a first name basis now, darlin? Also, how'd you even get a ball."

"I'm fucking magic. And we've been in here for six hours, and for you, that's enough to call me 'darlin'."

"Yeah, but I call everyone darlin," he scoffed, slightly turning red.

"If you say so..."

§

"We're not getting out of here tonight, are we?"

"No, probably not..." Harley admitted.

"I've got Star Wars on my phone, you wanna watch it?" I asked, excitedly.

He smiled slightly. "Yeah, sure."

§

*Dean Strange's POV*

I opened the building that morning to get ready. When I got in, though, I suddenly remembered something very important.

Shit...Keener and Parker.

I ran through the school, half expecting to find the room in pieces. But instead, when I unlocked the door, I found the two of them curled up together, sleeping.

"Thank god," I muttered under my breath. "If I had to be stuck in a room with that much sexual tension again, I would've stabbed myself."

Stay safe <3