Don't Anger Natasha

Requested by: Ailsa_Weasley

⚠️TW⚠️ Attempted rape, Stab wound

*Peter's POV*

"Here you go, Mr. Stark! I finished it!" I exclaimed, handing him the finished work.

"Nice job, kid," he complimented, ruffling my hair.

"Suck up...your favorite avenger is probably Iron Man, isn't it?" Harley Keener mumbled under his breath from the other side of the room.

Harley was an old friend of Mr. Stark's from the Mandarin attacks. He came here to work with Mr. Stark now that school is out. I'll admit...he's gorgeous, but we didn't hit it off. He's been nothing but arrogant and rude. What a waste of ass...

"Actually, my favorite avenger is Iron Man," I said pointedly, staring Harley down.

Harley stumbled over his words a bit, not realizing I heard him. "No offense, old man, but Spider-Man is the superior one."

I felt my cheeks heat up as Mr. Stark chuckled next to me. "I think Spider-Man is cooler too."

"I-uh-I think Spider-Man is overrated. All he does is swing around on webs. He can't even save everyone," I argued, my voice fading away on the last subject.

Harley glared at me, while Mr. Stark looked at me, concerned. "Like you could do better, darlin."

"I wish..."

§

I swung throughout the city, my ears open for any disturbances. Right when I thought I may be off the hook, I heard a muffled scream coming from an alleyway.

I quickly made my way over, finding a young boy being gagged by a tall man in all black. Farther down, there was a woman, who I assumed to be the mother, being held down by another man.

Shit...

I slowly creeped behind the first man and clocked him in the head, effectively knocking him out. I went in front of the boy, holding my fingers in front of my lips in an effort to keep him quiet. He nodded his head in understanding, and I pulled the gag out of his mouth.

After leading him to a safe little crevice, I went after the second dude. I found him trying to remove the woman's clothes, the woman thrashing.

"Oh, no you don't, you little motherfucker."

I ran and tackled the guy, earning a large grunt. He struggled to get out of my grip, eventually throwing me off.

"Pesky, little arachnid..."

He grabbed what looked like a large crossbow and loaded it up.

"You know, last time I checked, we didn't travel back in time. And you aren't Robin Hood," I said across from him.

The dude just stared me down. "So you're more of the strong and silent type, got it."

Suddenly, the dude fired the crossbow. At the last minute, I jumped out of the way. But it still impaled me in my right hip.

"Mothertrucker dude...that hurt like a butt cheek on a stick."

Holding my side, I shot a web and knocked the bow out of his hands. As he scrambled for another weapon, I shot a second web and left him there on the wall.

I limped over to where the woman was and helped her up.

"Where is my son?" she asked frantically.

"Don't worry," I answered, my voice raspy. "He's safe. I'll take you to him."

I led her to the little safe spot her son was in and witnessed a tearful reunion. Once they pulled apart, the kid seemed to notice the arrow sticking out my side.

"Are you okay, Spider-Man? You have something in your side," he said.

The mother looked over at that and her eyes widened.

"Of course, I'm fine. Don't you worrr......"

But of course, with my terrible track record, everything went black.

§

"Jesus Christ, kid. You're gonna be the death of me."

I opened my eyes to find a tired Mr. Stark sitting in a chair by my hospital bed.

"Not if I die first," I piped up.

He startled a second before realizing what I said. "Yeah, no. You're going on full supervision."

"But-"

"No buts, if I leave you unsupervised, you'll probably go die of a paper cut. Now, if you don't mind, I'm gonna go tell the team that you're up. Just be prepared for Natasha..." and on that horrifying note, he left the room.

I laid my head back down on the pillow and stared at the ceiling. I heard the door open and close and my heart stopped. "Aunt Nat, I promise-" but when I looked up, it was just Harley.

"Sorry it disappoint, darlin, but I'm not a badass Russian spy."

"Yeah, definitely not with those nonexistent stealth skills."

He laughed a bit before falling back into a silence. "So...you're Spider-Man?"

"Yep," I chuckled darkly. "You wanna change your favorite superhero now?"

"Nope."

I sat up and looked at Harley. "Why?"

"Because you're amazing. You go out and protect the little guy. You said that you can't save everyone, but no one can. Ask any of the Avengers and they'll be able to tell you about people that they couldn't save...so yeah, you're my favorite superhero."

"I don't know...I still like Iron Man."

"Of course you do..."

Next thing I know, his lips were on mine. We pulled apart and looked at each other, smiling.

But there was also the fact that an angry Russian assassin was after me.

"PETER BENJAMIN PARKER!"

Stay safe <3