pieces and pages

<<parley through the eyes of peter parker's diary>>

§

July 7, 2019

Dear Diary,

I met a boy today.

God that sounds so cheesy but I don't know what else to say.

His name is Harley Keener. I met him through Mr. Stark who told me that he's from Rose Hill, TN. That explains the accent...and the constant "darlin'."

There's not much more that I can say about him, other than his gorgeous blue eyes and fluffy hair. I've only known him for a couple hours, but I already want to know everything about him.

Is that crazy?

§

July 16, 2019

Dear Diary,

When I got this journal, I said that I would write in it everyday. I'm clearly not doing good about that, but I have a reason. I've been spending time with Harley.

I've learned that he prefers Star Wars over Star Trek, he has a little sister named Abby, he likes to tinker in his garage back in Tennessee, he loves butter pecan ice cream, and he left Tennessee because his "best friend" outed him.

That last one hurt to find out. How could anyone ever hurt someone so sweet and funny?

I hope he knows that he's amazing.

§

July 21, 2019

Dear Diary,

Today, MJ came over to meet Harley. We spent time playing Mario Kart and baking. When we were done, MJ pulled me aside and told me to pull my head out of my ass and kiss Harley.

They can be really blunt sometimes.

After they left, Harley and I watched the Queen's Gambit on my laptop in my room. Harley ended up falling asleep on me until dinner time, and it was adorable.

Maybe MJ was right.

§

July 25, 2019

He kissed me.

Sorry.

Dear Diary,

Harley kissed me today. We had gone down to the courtyards to look at the flowers and bees.

I went to smell a flower and afterwards, Harley told me I had pollen on my nose. I tried to get it off myself, but I couldn't get it. So Harley reached over and wiped it off with his thumb. Instead of pulling back afterwards, he moved his hand to my cheek and leaned in. Next thing I knew, he had kissed me.

I panicked.

I am now hiding in my room trying to figure out how to face him again.

I don't want him to think I don't like him back, because I clearly do. But after the kiss, my brain stopped working so I ran.

Fuck.

§

July 30, 2019

Dear Diary,

I finally confronted him. I told him about how I didn't know what to do in the moment.

He understood.

God, he's too good for me.

We're going on our first date tomorrow to this Indian restaurant in town.

I have a good feeling about this.

§

February 4, 2020

Dear Diary,

It's been a while. I'm not really good at this whole thing, but I felt it was time for an update.

Harley and I have been together for around six months now. It's been absolutely amazing.

I get to cuddle up to him, kiss him, and actually do boyfriend shit with him.

I know I'm not good with emotions, but he really makes me feel carefree and loved.

This may be the last time I'm writing in this for a while. I started when my therapist told me I needed to air my shit out, but Harley has helped me. I rarely get nightmares anymore and he's able to help me through my panic attacks.

I still wonder what I did to deserve him.

§

December 30, 2020

I don't have much time.

They're in the building. I can hear them coming up the steps.

Thank god Harley isn't here, he's out for lunch with MJ.

I wish I could've had more time with him. I wish I could've grown old with him. I wanted to bring him to holiday dinners at the tower with my family.

But at least I got to spend some time with him. I'll never regret it. Even in my dying moments.

I hope he knows that I

§

Harley flipped through the rest of the pages, looking for any remaining trace of Peter.

Peter...

He looked back down in his arms where his love was.

They busted into the tower.

They busted into the tower and tore him apart. Like he was nothing.

But Peter was everything to him.

And now all he had left was pieces and pages.

stay safe <3