Field Trip

*Peter POV*

Fuck

I banged my head on the desk as I saw the paper in front of me.

Overnight field trip to the Avengers Compound on May 15.

You've got to be kidding me!

"Hey loser, hold still. I'm trying to draw you in distress," MJ said, pulling me back to reality.

I just groaned in reply.

"Why are you so upset. I mean, we might see THE Avengers!" Ned exclaimed.

"Okay, one, that is the exact problem. They will take every single chance to embarrass me. And two, you've met them multiple times Ned!" I replied in frustration.

"Well...still."

Suddenly the bell rang.

"Remember to get your forms signed!" the teacher, Mrs. Warren yelled, but her words were lost in the crowd. Eventually I made it to the front.

"Hey, Happy," I said as I hopped into the car. I leaned into my seat, contemplating what to do about the field trip. Happy shot me a quick worried look, so minuscule you could hardly notice it, and proceeded to roll up the divider.

§

*At the Compound*

You know, maybe I could find a way to hide it from them. It wouldn't be easy, with two super spies in the house, but I could just maybe pull it off.

I could hide the form in my bag, forge Aunt May's signature, and just hide during the trip. It was a fool-proof plan, right?

Satisfied with my plan, I took my mind off of it and did my homework.

§

We were eating dinner when I heard the rustle of paper from in front of me.

"So, ребенок паук, care to explain this?" Tasha said, holding up the paper for everyone to see.

"Uh—It's—Uh—It's my friend's paper. Yeah, he made it as a joke?" I replied, unsure.

"Really? Because it seems like you have a field trip. Here," she smirked.

The entire table erupted into chaos. Some people were checking the paper to see if it was really true, while other people were already forming plans to embarrass me.

Oh god, what am I supposed to do now?

All of the sudden, Mr. Stark placed the paper in front of me. It had a perfect replica of Aunt May's signature.

"Mr. Stark, you're really not gonna make me go, are you?" I pleaded.

"Please," he scoffed. "When would I ever pass up the opportunity to embarrass you? Plus, Harley can help me."

Oh no, Harley.

Harley, my boyfriend of six months, was visiting family in Tennessee for the past two weeks and he was coming back on Friday, the day of my field trip.

What have I gotten myself into?

§

Friday came too fast. Like, way too fast.

At breakfast, I attempted to hide behind my bowl of cereal, hoping that they would forget.

But my hopes were crushed when Clint came in with balloons that spelled out Petey Pie.

I stared at him in disbelief. "You're kidding me, right?"

"Actually no, I think—" but he was interrupted by Dr. Strange, who took the balloons from him.