The Need for Press Conferences

Requested by Katie5k

*Nobody's POV*

"Betty, can you tell me the answer to number five?" Mrs. Warren asked. But Peter drowned it out when he heard a familiar sound.

Click

His eyes widening, he jumped up out of his chair. "Everyone, get down!" he yelled, attracting the attention of his classmates.

Having been startled, everyone crouched down under their desks. Harley started over to his boyfriend in alarm when they heard it.

Bang

Gasps were littered across the room as the situation was processed. Meanwhile, Harley quickly got over to Peter.

"What should we do?" Harley whispered. "We can't just reveal our identities."

"But if we don't, we risk innocent lives," Peter whispered back.

Harley sighed in defeat. "Call the old man, he'll know what to do."

Peter grabbed his bag and pulled out his phone. He dialed Tony's number and put the phone to his ear.

"What are you doing, don't you have school," Tony said immediately, his tone worried.

"Mr. Stark, we have to be quick. There is at least one shooter in the school and I don't hear any police on their way. Our best solution is to diffuse the situation ourselves," Peter hurriedly whispered.

The other line was silent for a moment. "Fine, we'll have Pepper arrange a press conference afterwards."

"Okay, thanks Da-Mr. Stark," Peter stumbled, hanging up.

Harley chuckled a bit. "Damister Stark?"

"Shut up," Peter grumbled. "We have a job to do."

"Okay, darlin," Harley smiled. "Let's do this."

Harley pecked Peter on the lips before opening his watch and pressing a small button. Suddenly, the Iron Lad suit expanded over him, getting the attention of many star struck teenagers. Peter repeated this action, only this time, Spider-Man made his appearance.

"Time to kick some criminal ass."

§

Next thing they knew, they were fighting a group with dozens of criminals.

"How bout we make this a contest, darlin," Harley drawled while blasting away a gun pointed at him.

"Why? So you can lose," Peter joked, webbing someone up to the wall.

Harley laughed. "Wow, cocky. Aren't we?"

"Takes one to know one," Peter retorted.

"Game on, babe."

Five minutes later, a few over half of the criminals were webbed up to walls, resulting in a sulking Harley.

"I mean, it's not my fault you have superpowers. This bet was rigged to begin with," Harley defended.

"Well, darling, that's no excuse," Peter playfully mocked. "Guess you're buying dinner."

"Wait, that was never part of the contest!" Harley protested, earning a small laugh from Peter.

"It is now."

The students slowly began to trickle out of the classrooms as the criminals were handcuffed by the local police. Not prepared for this, Peter and Harley looked at each other nervously. They awkwardly stood in silence before the entire hallway broke out in chaos.

Peter and Harley exchanged a glance and immediately got out of there. Harley flew out, Peter swinging out behind him. Once they were away from the school, they stopped on top of a rooftop.

Harley laughed, dissolving his suit. "That's gonna be one hell of a PR mess."

Peter giggled, also getting back into his normal look. "Luckily it isn't our job to clean up."

Harley smiled at the other and kissed him, still grinning. "So, where do you want to go for dinner?"

§

Meanwhile, at the Avengers tower...

"Anthony Edward Stark! What the everlasting fuck were you thinking!"

Tony Stark was running through the hallways, an angry Pepper Potts walking after him. The elevator doors opened at that moment, revealing Peter and Harley. After seeing what was happening, they immediately started clicking the close button rapidly.

After the doors closed, they both let out a huge sigh. "That was a close one," Harley said, draping his arm around Peter. Peter nodded, snuggling into Harley.

"Looks like we'll be going straight to the restaurant."

§

The next day, Harley and Peter were sat down across from Pepper.

"Okay, so the two of you understand what to do?" Pepper asked, wearily.

Harley and Peter simultaneously agreed, which got Peppers hopes up just a bit.

"So you have written down and gone over what you are going to say?"

But she just received blank stares from both of them. She sighed and pulled her aspirin out of her purse.

"The three of you are going to give me gray hairs."

Thank you for 55k views on this !!! You guys are amazing <3  Ily !!!

Stay safe <3