Twisted Reality

*Peter's POV*

⚠️TW: Major character death, gets pretty twisted at the end, probably not for the faint of heart...

"Harley, baby, please, you got it get out," I pleaded into the comms.

"I'm so sorry, darlin. I love you so much. So so much, You are my everything, please don't forget that."

"Harley, please don't go, I love you beyond I can say. You can't just leave me here." I cried.

I heard a loud boom and looked out to see the once standing building now in ruins.

"Harley..."

Mr. Stark and Steve rushes over to the remains, digging through.

"Please don't leave..."

They pulled out a body, clearly Harley's with the Iron Lad suit. I felt hope surge through me until I saw their faces.

No, it can't be true...please no...

"I'm sorry Pete..." but I drowned out the rest as I collapsed to the floor in tears.

You promised, you promised you wouldn't leave.

§

*Five years later*

After Harley's funeral, I was a wreck. And I still am.

I haven't loved anyone again. I barely even leave the tower anymore. My family and friends plead me to come out, but I just can't. What are you supposed to do when you lose your other half?

That night, I went out for dinner for the first time in a while.

"Hey, Bambino," Mr. Stark grinned cheerfully. "You out here for dinner?"

I nodded in response, which made his smile grow even wider.

"Great, we're having Indian food. Bruce just finished!"

I sat down at the dinner table with the rest of the avengers, most of them holding back their shock.

Dinner went by pretty uneventfully, aside from a few minor arguments here and there. Considering no plates were broken, it went pretty well.

At least until Mr. Stark got a call.

I watched as he left the table and took the call. I couldn't tell what he was saying over the conversation at the dinner table, but it looked pretty serious.

Once he got back, I didn't hesitate to ask him what it was.

"Well...its just that...Harley's grave has been robbed."

At this, all of the conversation at the table stopped.

"Wait, what?"

"Harley's body is, well, gone. They're looking for it now, but it's pretty unsuccessful."

I just couldn't take it anymore. I sat up from my chair and walked to my room, ignoring the cries of protest from behind me.

I slammed my door behind me and fell onto my bed.

I know he's dead, but I just can't stand the thought of someone else having his body. He already had enough chaos and stress when he was...alive. He should at least have a peaceful rest.

I shoved all the thoughts from my head and fell into a dreamless sleep.

§

I woke up feeling a weight on my body. I looked down and saw it. Even in the dark I could recognize it, I could recognize it anywhere.

Harley's hair.

I knew it wasn't a dream. But how is he here?

I quietly asked FRIDAY to get everyone and come into my room quickly.

A few seconds later, everyone barged into my room and turned the lights on.

"Look, guys, it's Harley, see! He's back, I don't know how, but he is."

But I quickly faltered at their expressions. Terrified. Even Natasha looked scared and revolted.

"What's up?"

"Peter..." Mr. Stark said shakily. "That's not Harley."

"What do you mean? Of course it is."

"Well, technically it is, or at least it was..."

At that statement, I looked down at Harley in confusion. But what I saw forever etched itself in my brain.

There, in my arms, was Harley's cold, mutilated, dead body.

I feel sick after writing this, but I just liked the idea.

Stay safe <3