All Part of the Game: Part 2

⚠️TW⚠️: Self Harm

*Harley's POV*

Fuck...

I buried my head in my hands as I sat on that bathroom floors for what seemed like an eternity.

What have I done?

Powering through, I picked myself off of the floor. I checked my watch and it was ten past four, long after school was out.

Bleary eyed, I stumbled out of the bathroom and walked out of the school.

As I shuffled down the street, thoughts raced through my head. But one was prominent.

I hurt him...I promised to protect him yet I couldn't protect him from myself.

§

Throughout the weekend. I stayed holed up in my room. No matter how many times I called or texted Peter, there was no response.

The next Monday, I walked into school. On my way to class, I was cornered by Ned, MJ, and Shuri.

"You're coming with us," MJ ordered, pulling me.

"We have class," I mumbled in response, but I allowed her to pull me into a janitors' closet along with Ned and Shuri.

Suddenly, my face was burning. MJ slapped me right across the face.

"What the fuck, Keener," MJ said, frustrated. "Why did you do that to him? What did he ever do to you."

I met MJ's eyes and her expression softened for just a moment at my haggard appearance.

"Well?" Shuri asked. "We're waiting."

"I didn't want to hurt him," I started.

"But you did," Ned interrupted.

"I know," I sighed. "Yes, it started out as a dare, but I have been in love with him since elementary school. I mean, how could you not be? The dare just finally let me express my feelings. But my 'friends' didn't know about my feelings...so when Peter overheard Mark telling me that the dare was done, I tried to explain. But he had an outburst...and now here we are."

I finished my explanation with tears dripping from my eyes.

"You know it's not gonna be easy to get him back," MJ started.

"I know-" I said wearily before getting cut off by MJ.

"But that doesn't mean it's impossible..."

§

*Peter's POV*

I feel like I'm drowning.

I'm drowning and no one can save me. Aunt May is at work, all of my friends are at school, and Harley...

Harley

I thought he loved me. But I was foolish to think that could ever happen. And now because of my recklessness, I'm numb.

There's nothing.

I need to feel something.

I stumbled out of my bed and headed to the bathroom. I let myself in and grabbed a razor from one of the drawers.

One swipe...one swipe and you won't be numb. Just one swipe...

I took the razor and cut a line from one side of the wrist to the other. I watched as the blood ran down my arm, relishing in the pain.

Maybe just one more...

Soon, there were five cuts flowing out blood. I felt myself get faint as black spots clouded my vision.

What have I done...

§

*Harley's POV*

Ned, MJ, Shuri and I raced up the stairs to Peter's apartment.

Please take me back...

We had formulated a plan and they were gonna help me with it.

We made it to Peter's apartment and I hesitated outside the door.

"What if he wants nothing to do with me?" I asked, scared.

"Please," Shuri scoffed. "Peter never stops talking about you."

I smiled a bit at the statement and knocked on the door. After no one answered, I tried again. But I was met with only silence.

Ned rummaged through his bag and pulled out a key. "Here, try this," he said, concerned.

I unlocked the door and opened the door to the apartment and looked around.

"Pete!" I yelled out. I looked through the living room and his room. The last place I had to check was the bathroom.

I waked over to the bathroom and gently knocked. "You in there, darlin?" After no response, I gently twisted the knob, finding it unlocked.

I looked into the bathroom to find Peter bleeding out from gashes on his arm, passed out.

"Guys," I called out, panic in my voice. "Guys? Guys! Help!"

§

We rushed Peter to the E.R. After two hours of waiting, the doctor walked out.

"Is he okay?" I asked frantically, standing up to meet the doctor.

"He's fine," the doctor said in a soothing tone. "He's up if you want to see him."

Ned, MJ, Shuri, and I rushed in to his room.

There was Peter, alive.

§

Once we entered the room, Peter's eyes met mine.

"What are you doing here?" he asked with venom lacing his voice.

"I wanted to see you-"

"No!" he exclaimed. "You can't just toy with me and then come visit me like nothing happened!"

"I wasn't toying with you," I said softly.

Peter looked at me, confused.

I walked over to his beside and took his hand. "I have loved you for six years, Peter Parker."

I waited for a response, lookin at the floor.

"No."

I looked up to meet his eyes, cold and unforgiving.

"Look what you've done, Harley. You can't just waltz in here and say you love me. You can't just expect this to be fixed. Look what you've done! You broke me! Nothing you say can fix that!"

I looked at him shocked. "But-"

"No, leave me alone."

"Please..." I begged.

"Leave, Harley."

Ever since that day, I haven't stopped loving him. But he stopped loving me.

Stay safe <3