A Promising Future

Requested by precious_parkner

*Harley's POV*

"Old man, I need your help."

"With what?" he asked, not fully paying attention.

"I'm proposing to Peter."

"Wait, what!" he exclaimed, his head shooting up and causing him to fall off his seat.

§

"Anyways," Tony started, finally getting himself composed, "let's start again. You're proposing?!"

"Yep," I replied confidently.

"Well, where are you going to do it? What are you gonna say? What ring are you gonna get? What will you wear?" he fangirled, bombarding me.

My confidence faltered. "Well, uh, I—I haven't gotten that far yet."

His excited face quickly dropped into one of disappointment. "Jesus kid, I can't do everything for you," he said, shaking his head as he looked around his work bench.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

He pulled a notepad out of a drawer. "Well first, we have to figure out what you'll say."

§

*Peter's POV*

I burst into the kitchen where Aunt Nat was.

"Aunt Nat, help!"

She sat up quickly, pulling out a knife from god knows where. "Who hurt you, ребенок паук?" she said threateningly.

"Wait, wait?" I asked, shaking my head. "No it's not that. I need your help because I'm gonna propose to Harley!"

Aunt Nat's eyes widened as she quickly pulled out a magazine.

"Finally, I've been waiting for this!" she practically yelled. "Here, I've got some rings bookmarked!"

§

Harley's POV

After we wrote down what I was going to say, we went out to buy a ring and a tuxedo.

"Okay, so first, we need to find a ring," Tony instructed. "Just look for one that reminds you of Peter."

I looked around until my eyes stumbled across one.

"Wow," I breathed out. "This is definitely it."

§

Next, we went shopping for tuxedos.

"Can't I just wear a suit," I asked.

"No," Tony said, leaving no room for discussion.

"Here, how about this?" he questioned, holding up a classic black tuxedo.

I examined it. "Yeah, okay."

I tried it on, making sure it fits, and we bought it, finished with the shopping.

§

*Peter's POV*

"Okay, ребенок паук," Aunt Nat started, "just look through the magazine and see if you can find the perfect ring for Harley."

"Okay," I said, flipping through the pages.

I stopped at one page and gasped. "This, this is it."

Aunt Nat looked over my shoulder and nodded

Aunt Nat looked over my shoulder and nodded. "It's adequate."

I playfully slapped her away as I ordered the ring.

§

Now I just need to set up the date.

I walked out of my room, ready to ask Harley if he wanted to go to this fancy restaurant, when I bumped straight in to him in the hallway.

"Oh hey darlin," Harley said. "I was just looking for you. I was wondering if you wanted to go to Cheri's tonight for dinner?"

"Yeah," I replied excitedly.

It was all playing out perfectly.

"Great," he said, winking. "It's a date."

§

That night at the restaurant, I was trying to work towards popping the question.

What if he says no?

I was worrying over this until Harley got my attention.

"Peter."

"Yes?" I asked.

And then he got down on one knee in front of me.

§

*Harley's POV*

"Peter," I started, "I have loved you for three years. I have loved you ever since I first laid eyes on you in Tony's lab that first day. You are my everything, darlin. I would be nothing without you, but I am complete with you. You are my soulmate. So Peter Benjamin Parker, will you marry me?"

I looked up at Peter, hoping to get a reaction out of him. But he looked confused and then started laughing.

My confusion and slight hurt reflected on face, as well as everyone in the restaurant, who had gotten very invested in the proposal.

Finally, Peter composed himself.

"Well, looks like I won't be needing my speech," he said, pulling out a ring box, inside a perfect ring.

"Yes, of course I'll marry you."

A/N: I'll be coming out with part two of Parley at Hogwarts sometime tomorrow. Until then, here's this!

Stay safe <3