Invisible String

based off of Invisible String by Taylor Swift

They still remember when they first met.

Peter was reading on a bench in Central Park, completely enamored by his book. In the middle of his chapter, he was knocked over by a sprawling figure flying off of a skateboard.

"Oh dear, are you alright darlin?"

Peter looked up from his place on the ground and froze. There in front of him was a gorgeous guy, leaving him speechless.

"I really hope you don't have a concussion, right darlin? That would be quite unfortunate," he said. The guy gestured his hand towards Peter, "Come on, we can't have the grass ruin your beautiful face."

Peter finally came to his senses and took his hand, rising up to his feet. "Uh, thanks. I'm Peter. Peter Parker," he said, flustered.

The guy smirked, giving Peter a once over. "I'm Harley Keener." Harley checked his watch, eyes widening. "Oh shit," he whispered.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm sorry, darlin. I'm not usually one for a hit and run situation, but I'm running late for a meeting."

Peter couldn't explain the sinking pit in his stomach at that statement, but he quickly put on a smile. "Don't worry about it. I hope it goes well."

Harley smiled back at him and slightly waved. Peter rocked back and forth on his feet as he watched him walk away. Sighing, he reached in his pocket for his phone, only to discover a small piece of paper.

(***)-***-****
Call me
-HK

§

The next day, Peter was still contemplating how to greet Harley.

"I mean, what do you say to that, 'Hey Harley, it's me , Peter. Remember? You knocked me off the bench and gave me multiple bruises. Nice to talk to you!' Or, 'Hey, Harlsss, Harley, what's up? Hey, by the way, I know we only met once, but I already have a hopeless crush on you, no biggie!" Peter ranted on the phone to MJ, his best friend.

"That sounds like a you problem. I mean, you were the one who became attracted to a guy that the only experience you have with him is that he practically tackled you," MJ replied, tired.

"Please, you and Shuri met when she almost sliced you in half with a working lightsaber."

"You know, I thought you called me for my help, not to insult my relationship," MJ said sarcastically.

"I'm sorry, but you're not being much help."

"Probably true."

Peter chuckled at this. "Anyways, you wanna join me at that yogurt shop? I can save you a seat?"

"No, sorry, I have plans with Shuri tonight, but definitely some other time. You still owe me a yogurt."

"Of course you do," Peter smiled. "Talk to you later."

"Bye, loser."

Peter slightly rolled his eyes at the term, which she would never admit was a term of endearment, as he hung up the phone. He looked up at the shop signs, realizing he has arrived at his destination.

Peter entered the yogurt shop, looking around. But his eyes froze on one thing, or, perhaps, one person.

There, standing at the cash till, was Harley Keener himself. Peter took it all in, noticing how the uniform teal shirt somehow made him look like a god.