All Part of the Game

An AU where the Peter and Harley go to high school together. Peter isn't Spider-man in this.

*Harley's POV*

"Um...dare."

"Okay bro, I dare you...Oh I got a good one," my friend, Mark, said, grinning mischievously.

"Oh, god," I groaned, not prepared for what he was about to say.

"You know Peter Parker?" Mark asked.

"The nerdy guy?" I questioned.

"Yeah, him."

"What does he have to do with anything?" I asked, confused.

"I dare you to get him to fall in love with you."

§

*Peter's POV*

Beep, Beep

I groaned as I turned off my alarm.

No thanks, sir, I don't wanna go to school.

I groggily got up out of bed and went to my closet. I picked out some jeans and a science pun shirt and got dressed.

"Good morning, Aunt May," I said as I walked into the kitchen.

"Hey sweetie," she said, pecking me on the cheek.

"I have decathlon today so I'll be home at five, okay?" I said, eating my breakfast.

Aunt May looked over at me, guiltily. "I know we were gonna do dinner tonight but..." she trailed off.

"You have to work?" I finished for her.

"I'm so sorry, but a friend asked me to cover a shift-"

"It's good, Aunt May," I reassured, cutting her off. "We can always spend time together some other day."

She smiled gratefully at me.

"Well, anyways, I got to go if I want to get to school on time," I said, gathering my stuff together.

"Okay, love you!" Aunt May called out.

"Love you too!"

§

I walked to my locker where my friends were already hanging out. Ned was talking to MJ while she had her arms wrapped around Shuri.

"Hey guys," I greeted, opening up my locker.

"Dude!" Ned exclaimed.

"...yes?" I said, confused.

"Harley Keener just came out as gay to the school!"

I internally panicked when I processed what he said. I have had a HUGE crush on Harley since fourth grade when I met him.

"Hello, Earth to loser." I was snapped out of my thoughts by MJ waving her hand in front of my face.

"Oh yeah, sorry I-" but I was cut off by the warning bell.

"Oh shit, see you guys later," I said as I walked away to my first class of the day.

§

*Harley's POV*

You see, this wasn't good.

I mean, first of all, Peter is probably straight. Second of all, I have literally been in love with him for six years.

How in the hell am I supposed to do this?

§

I was in the hall, heading to lunch while I formulated my plan.

Okay, I think I got this...