Broken Minds

I know, I know, I suck at updating. I promise I'll actually finish one of the six things I'm working on.

For now, here's a shorter one.

*Peter's POV*

"Dammit! Stop stealing my mushrooms!"

"Haha! I beat you!"

"Fuck!"

I threw my remote across the room in defeat. I swear that I'll win Mario Kart one of these days.

I mock pouted and Harley crawled over to me.

"Aw, I'm sorry darlin," he cooed, kissing my forehead.

I smiled and tilted my head up, meeting his lips.

"Hmmph, you're lucky I love you," I complained.

"Aww, well I love you too."

That was the last peaceful day we had together.

§

"Haha, take that motherfucker!" I yelled slamming the villain into a wall.

Harley, the Avengers, and I were fighting this weird, conceited mega-villain who controlled minds, much like Loki did.

He lunged after me, but I jumped up out of the way and webbed him up.

"Nice one, Spidey," I heard over the comms.

"Eh, wasn't my best."

Laughter ringed in my ears, bringing me false safety.

§

After we all loaded up on the jet, I felt something off. I groaned and Harley sidled up next to me.

"What's wrong, babe?" I noticed the slight change in nicknames, but just brushed it off.

"I don't know, something just feels off..."

I expected words of reassurance...that's not what I got.

"Shake it off, you're a superhero, not a baby, sweetheart." I jumped at the change in behavior.

At this point, everyone noticed what was going on and gathered around.

"You're not yourself, what the hell are you doing?"

He looked the straight in the eyes. "Maybe myself isn't the best person to be, huh, Peter Parker?" His voice distorted on the last words, sending chills down my spine.

"I-"

But suddenly, he pulled out a gun, full and loaded. Before I could say anything, he took it and shot Mr. Stark, Aunt Nat, Uncle Clint, and Steve.

Tears streamed down my face as I turned to look at Harley, or who I thought to be Harley.

"But-But I trusted you..."

"Foolish one, trust is for naive, little boys. You, my dear, are a soldier."

I promise I'll start making some more fluffy oneshots...

Stay safe<3