The Spiral of Tony Stark

Requested by: Mirabell0022

*Tony's POV*

I stood in front of the board, trying not to tear my hair off my head. I promise I don't go insane for fun, it's just something that comes and goes. As I follow the red strings that connect item after item, only one though races through my mind...

How will I catch them?

But of course, for you to understand what's happening, you must go through what I went through.

§

*Eight Months, Six days, and Ten Hours Earlier...*

I impatiently tapped my watch as people rushed around me. The gate was full of people waiting for others to get off the plane.

If he had taken the private jet like I offered, this wouldn't be a problem.

Finally, the door opened and people came flooding out. I peered over the tops of heads to try and find who I was looking for. Then, I saw someone come jumping out, looking across the crowd.

"Old man!" Harley shouted, shoving through angry people.

"I'm not that old," I complained, giving him a hug.

He stepped back and looked at me weird. "Yes." He then walked away.

"I-where are you going? I'm your ride!"

§

I eventually found him outside, talking to Happy by the car.

"Jesus Christ, kid," I panted. "You're gonna give me a heart attack."

"With what heart?" he fired back, then realizing what he said.

Happy and I burst out in laughter, while a dumbfounded Harley looked on.

He's definitely gonna get along with Underoos.

§

"And this is the lab," I said, concluding the tour.

"Woah," Harley breathed, taking in the large area. But the moment was broken when a certain arachnid fell from his beanbag on the ceiling.

"Fuck!" Peter shouted, sprawled on the floor.

"Language!" we heard from the vents, but I just ignored it.

"You do realize you could have caught yourself, right?" I asked, amused.

Peter's already red face went even brighter at the realization. "Well, uh..."

I heard a slight chuckle from behind me, making me realize I forgot to do something. "Shit, yeah, Peter, this is Harley. Harley, this is my intern, Peter."

Peter waved from his place on the floor.

"Quick question," Harley inquired. "Why and how were you on the ceiling."

Peter just stared blankly at him for a moment. "...magic," he replied, unsure.

"Okay?"

§

Over the next few weeks, Harley and Peter grew closer and closer. And even if they couldn't see it, I knew there was a spark between them.

I watched as they relentlessly flirted, stealing glances at each other from across the room. That was when I knew, I had to get them together.

"So, Harley..." I drew out, walking over to wear he was working. "Any lucky girl that you left behind in Tennessee?"

At this point, both Harley and Peter were looking at me oddly.

"No, in fact, there is no lucky guy back in Tennessee," he replied, nonchalantly.

I walked back to my desk, satisfied. And from the corner of my eyes, I could see Peter trying to suppress a smile.

§

I swear to fucking god, it's been two months and they have made no indication of being together, which is ridiculous! Not even Natasha could find anything.

That night, Peter and Harley declared they were going up to the roof where the pool and hot tub were.

This is my chance...

I went to the surveillance room and sat in front of the computer that showed the roof, and waited. Finally, I saw Peter and Harley walk out in their swim trunks, talking.  But then, Peter halted to a stop and turned his head. He was obviously looking for something, but there was no way he knew I was spying on them, right?

Peter eventually stop searching, and when I thought I was undetected, he shot a web at the single camera up on the roof.

You little motherfu-

I raced up to the roof, but Harley and Peter were just chilling in the hot tub, five feet apart.

"Yes, Mr. Stark?"

§

One night, I was sure I had caught them when I saw Harley sneaking out of his room at the dead of night, obviously heading to Peter's room. But, he heard me behind him.

He turned around somewhat startled. "Oh, hey, old man! I was just heading to get Peter, Wanda, and Bucky so we could bake some cookies and brownies. Wanna join us?"

I stared at him tiredly. "No, thanks," I sighed, sulking off back to my lab.

Sure enough, when I checked later, I found the four of them in the kitchen covered in flour and cocoa powder.

§

Just when I had finally given up hope, I found Peter and Harley on top of each other in Harley's room. I was about to walk away smirking when I heard shouting.

"Peter! What did I say about trying to scare me!"

"But Clint dared me to!"

"Yeah, I did!"

Dammit...

§

Even during the holidays, I couldn't find any solid proof.

During the Christmas party, Natasha recruited Clint to climb through the vents and place mistletoe right above where Harley and Peter were standing. But when they saw it, they just blushed and pecked each other on the cheek in a friendly way.

And at New Year's, I was sure I would catch them at the ball drop. I thought that just maybe they would relieve me of this torture. Then all I saw was a tight embrace, one that friends would give each other.

§

Countless scenarios later, and here I find myself, pacing in front of a corkboard. I probably looked like a madman, but I couldn't take the pain of the sexual tension between them.

All of the sudden, I was interrupted by my husband, Stephen, walking in. "Honey, it's time for dinner."

"Okay," I replied, flashing a quick smile. "I'll go grab Peter and Harley."

§

I walked down the halls, firstly arriving to Harley's room. But when I opened the door, I found the two of them on the bed, making out.

I ran out of the room, screaming. "I fucking knew it!"

§

*Nobody's POV*

Steve looked at Bucky and Stephen strangely.

"What happened with Tony?" he asked.

"Boss was informed of Mini Boss and Harley's relationship," FRIDAY responded from above.

"He didn't know?" Steve questioned.

"Wait, hold up," Stephen said, confused. "You knew?"

"Yeah, we've known for six months," Bucky said.

Stephen chuckled, sipping his tea. "Wait till Tony hears about that."

Stay safe <3