Hunger ♤

•Annika•

"Your highness, everything's ready. You can change suits in the royal jet."

I watched my husband fixed himself in front of the mirror in such a formal yet gloomy manner. After learning what happened to the Russian royals, they didn't waste a single minute and prepared to fly to St. Petersburg.

"Bernard, leave us."

The major advisor bowed to us before exiting our chamber. I sullenly watched him walked his way on my spot and the moment he reached where I silently sat for the past two hours, he reached for my hands and pulled me up for a tight embrace.

"I'm deeply sorry for my decision not to take you to her royal majesty Shura Nadiya's wake. It'll be the first for you to be exposed to the Russian royals and I don't want to ruin this for you. It's not the right time. I hope you understand my love..."

I gripped his sleeves tighter and drew him closer for a kiss, which he generously complied to. After a passionate one, he gently let me go. Just in time, servants walked in to let him know it's time to leave...

"A week or two. I will not miss a single call... always think of me and stay healthy. Okay?"

I didn't have the strength to utter a single word and just nodded. He pulled me for another kiss...

"Ich liebe dich sehr. Warte auf mich."

(I love you very much. Wait for me.)

"Ja, werde ich"

"Ja, werde ich"

(Yes I will.)

--♤--

It's been a week and I feel as though I'll go crazy if I won't see my husband for another day. Well it was clear that he will be missing for a week or two. He calls me everyday however... I realized how hard it is not to be by his side. I heaved a deep sigh which instantly worried a lady in waiting on the farther side of the silent tea room. One thing that bothered me before is the fact that the royal family traveled with Anne Martin as the crown prince's personal assistant. I trust my husband but I don't trust the woman. Then just after three days, I found her walking around the palace which somehow gave me a sigh of relief. It only means, there isn't a way for her and my husband to cross paths.