Unnerving ♧

•Seokjin•

"Your highness, we've searched every part of Austria but we could no longer find miss Rosalie. We suspect that she fled the country."

I made a quick stop at what my other advisor told me. It's been two weeks since he and his team were tasked to bring the nanny back in the palace. I was completely disconcerted at his information because I never really exiled her out of the country. What I told Annika is just my way to aggravate her. She was stationed in a very nice apartment. I compensated her despite refusing my kind ways of repaying her for raising Annika; the future Queen of Austria.

I eyed Bernard who was waiting for my say in this matter

"Find her. I don't care is she's halfway around the world. Bring her back safely."

"Yes, your highness."

He bowed to me and asked to be dismissed.

I clenched my fist. Truly baffled and uneasy. She was told not to leave the country. With the kind of manner Rosalie has, she would never defy me me...but where is she now?

My guts is telling me that something is not right. All I want now is for her to return safely.

Annika is now fully recovered and truly indifferent. From that day I promised that I'll take her nanny back, she behaved like how a princess is expected to present herself infront of our people. Occasionally she would lash at Anne in a subtle way... the advisor would stay silent under these circumstances.

I followed her advice. That I shouldn't do a press conference first as it would highlight the relationship we tried to keep and deny despite the scandalous photos we had back in Monte Carlo.

However, with this delay on presenting Annika's nanny back to the palace, I'm determined to make it up for my inefficiency. To prove that Annika's worth to this country and me, as her husband is incomparable. It might not be completely about love, but respect and loyalty.

Even though I love Anne, she may not compare to my loyalty towards Austria and my family.

My secret rebellion will soon reach its limit.

We both knew that one day it would come to this...

No regrets.

--♧--

"Your promise. It's been days and days now. You said you'll bring her back."