Surmise ◇

Neuschwanstein Castle
Bavaria,Germany

Neuschwanstein CastleBavaria,Germany

•Bernard•

•Bernard•

"Good morning your highness. His majesty Krystofer has left early for a quick horse backriding with his friend and is expected to return quickly to join you for breakfast."

A soft hum was princess Annika's response as I stood behind a thick silk champagne curtain that conceals her from my sight. I waited for a few minutes because she still might give further instructions. The head butler who silently stood just a few steps away from me including a row of servants waited for me to relay what princess Annika has to say or command.

They are nothing but excited and completely elated that the royal couple chose to visit Bavaria instead of staying at the other palaces. This is princess Annika's first time in the Bavarian palace and in the country as well.

"B-Bernard?..."

I signaled the servant ladies to prepare as I responded to the Dietrichstein princess.

"Your highness, are you ready to freshen up? Should I send the ladies now?..."

The servant ladies had nothing but smiles on their faces, truly eager to be commanded in assisting the princess. The royal staff behind me were a little surprised when instead of an authoritative response, the princess timidly and softly replied;

"W-will that be alright? Am I not bothering them? I can always prepare on my own Bernard..."

I looked at the aged head butler whose cheeks flushed in delight. A smile on his face and his hands linked together. Even the servants had this amused look on their faces.

I cleared my throat;

"Princess Annika, they are more than happy to assist you...just like in Austria, You'll be having the same routine, your majesty. It is part of the royal protocol that you'd be assisted at all times."