Recognition 👑

Special Chapter ☆

•Seokjin•

"Any existing ambitious royal auxiliary would certainly want to trade places with you once they learned that you are promoted to serve the stand-by King as one of his official staff. Would take people decades to reach that optimum. Next to his advisors, of course."

Anne Martin had a prim, yet seemed unhappy smile on her pretty face. I conveyed my subtle congratulations in a quite formal way.

She linked her hands together. The smile remained yet her eyes became a bit teary. She clicked her tongue and in humor-tinged sarcasm, delivered;

"Wouldn't be surprised if one day, I wake up as one of the royal councils. To that unbelievable extent just so you can get rid of me without hurting my pride, isn't it...your highness?"

It took us a while before I shook the illusion off my system. I can't feel bad for something I've been trying to let go.

Annika is my wife and I don't want to ruin what we have now.

I smiled. Gave her my usual royal 'facade'.

"My father, the crown prince's orders. Not mine, Ms. Martin."

I was about to dismiss her when she quickly interrupted;

"What should I do with your belongings in my quarters, your highness."

I was taken aback. This was uncalled for. I realized it was hard for her to move on. It's a pity but she can't go on like this.

I smiled;

"Burn them. Do as you please. Now you are dismissed."

I made a finger gesture and turned my back on her. Until she finally lost it.

"WHAT SHOULD I DO WITH THIS NIGHTMARE??"