Outshined ♤

Annika•

As instructed by the prince, I had so little make up on which still 'flaunts' the dots across my nose to my cheeks. The assistant told me that it is quite aesthetic and youthful but still, I refused to believe. I was led to the garden pavilion where dinner was settled. The smell of flowers and the slightly cold breeze of the night instantly made my mood blissful. Not to mention the lantern illuminated pathway to the gardens....the Austrian palace is like a setting in a fairytale story that you can't help but eye every corner in adornment.

I felt my heart skipped a beat as I noticed the number of people in the huge pavilion, surrounded by servants on each side

I felt my heart skipped a beat as I noticed the number of people in the huge pavilion, surrounded by servants on each side. The prince is already there...I was the last one to arrive. I felt a sudden swept of anxiety...suddenly, quick breathing and my palms in cold sweat.

"Lady, are you alright?"

The temporary assistant inquired as he probably noticed my discomfort.

"I...I'm okay."

I stopped short and flinched as I noticed the prince eyeing me from his seat. He nodded in command to the assistant guiding me...and I continued walking towards the captivating area.

"Lady Annika of Hallstat, from the house of the dignified Krenns."

His majesty introduced me upon approaching the crowd of unfamiliar faces. Only one person was able to offer me a nod and an amicable smile on his face while the rest were scrutinizing me as though I'm in the wrong place and in the wrong group.

The prince introduced them to me and I learned that the older gentleman who smiled and properly acknowledged my presence is the newly appointed Swedish prime minister with his family, wife, 2 daughters and a few of those under his reign. I was seated beside prince Krystofer after I gave everyone a curtsy.

I noted miss Anne's presence as well and her appearance only added to my anxiety. She looks like a princess... quite beautiful. I quickly looked away and my sight caught a sour little girl with an annoyed pout on her face. Beside her, was an older version of her probably about my age, with an insulting look cast upon me.