Foolish ◇

•Annika•

"I'm sorry, your highness, but it's been a week and a few days since we talked about my nana and my suggestion about her place here... not that I-"

He closed his book and set it aside on the table with a loud thud. Jaws tightened up and there was an alarming glint on his eyes. No words yet but I can already imagine what he would say.

Prince Krystofer may be a quite composed person which also makes him a very terrifying one. I once heard a story about him losing his shit. My father said that he's usually a calm ocean but if triggered, he becomes a dangerous whirlpool. He drummed his fingers on the polished wood surface while brows furrowed in annoyance.

I obviously reached my limit.

"Your nanny will no longer step foot in this palace. I sent her away."

To what he said, I rose from my seat in panic. How can he deny me the only request that I have, ever since I came here? This is unfair.

"Y-you can't be serious! I don't believe you!"

He crossed his arms, his pair of silvery orbs settled on me;

"And since when did I joke around."

Out of spite and worry, I retorted;

"I don't know! I don't even know you! Ask that secret mistress of yours!"

My eyes began to leak. For the first time, I felt totally alone...

What I said may have not changed the composed dignified look on his handsome face but the way he sighed indicated that my accusation was bold enough for him to emotionally punish me more.

I sank back on the chair where I was seated and this time, he stood.

In a sarcastic tone, he released a chuckle

"You're words are deep and very accusing, my princess."

He walked towards me and leaned down, his face, closed to mine. Trapped me as both of his hands on the arm rests of the chair. His long flawless arms fencing my escape. His beautiful face, now only an inch away from mine.

"You have to get used about not getting everything you want, Annika. In this world we live in, we don't always get what we want...cause they're usually bad for us."