Feelings ♡

•Krystofer•

I had an early engagement

I had an early engagement. A royal obligation at seven in the morning that I had to leave my sleeping wife in bed. It only took me less than two hours and I was free for the rest of the day. When I got back to the palace, I gave my parents a quick greeting as Annika and I weren't able to join them for breakfast. I didn't escape my folks' subtle teasing as they were probably informed about what happened last night. That princess Annika,voluntarily slept in our room last night.

His majesty Maximillian:

"I'm glad that she loosened up a bit. Surprised that our dear Annika succumbed to her husband earlier than expected. I must say..."

He gave me a stern look before he continued;

"She went through a roller coaster of emotions. Learning about that child and her upbringing... I was surprised. I was upset with the Krenns for not giving the child sufficient affection. No wonder she mostly relied on her nanny. Also, you are still not forgiven with all the headache you've caused us, Krystofer. Now it's time for you to prove that you're more than just an excellent monarch. That you can be a loyal and loving husband too."

I didn't bother answering and just nodded to my father's words...

My mother held my face then my hand;

"Dear, be honest... do you still  have feelings for Anne Martin? I told your father to consider transferring her somewhere. She may be very efficient as your major advisor but it is obviously an insult to the princess to retain her position after the scandal..."

I eyed my mother, a bit concerned until my father chimed in;

"I know the order of choosing or demoting any of your royal staff even advisors is your sole decision. But I am still the crown prince and I have the right or say over this matter. I've decided to re assign Ms. Martin as one of my major staff and give Bernard her position. That way, there is a distance between you two and she has no reason to be around you and Annika anymore."