Strange ♧

•Seokjin•

"No! Try again! It would certainly fit!"

I set the book I was reading aside and focused on my wife and her ladies as they tried dressing her up with one of her floral ones. She was so agitated that she pulled herself away from their hold, forcibly trying to pull up the side zipper of her dress. I nodded to the ladies and silently dismissed them before I rose from the couch of our walk-in closet. Annika was breathing heavily, forcing her body into the dress.

Until she groaned frustratingly.

"Sweetheart,"

I held her shoulder to calm her senses down. Slowly, unzipped the dress and took it off her. I took her at the same couch where I was seated and pulled her to sit on my lap. Her face was a turmoil of emotions... her chin was quivering and she was nothing but upset.

"It is my size... my size. How come it wouldn't fit..."

I moved her face so she can look at me.

"Maybe... you gained weight my love. It's normal."

I caressed her hair;

"Or maybe..."

She quickly shook her head and swallowed hard. Now more upset;

"I'm not pregnant."

I pursed my lips and continued stroking her arm for comfort. I sighed before giving her a wide smile.

"Then maybe you're just eating just like I want you to

"Then maybe you're just eating just like I want you to. 😊"

She didn't respond, her sullen mood remained. Then she began to weep...

"H-hey... what's wrong. Is it the dress? We'll get you a new one. Don't cry my love..."

"NO IT'S NOT!! SHUT UP!"

I'm sure she saw the shock on my face and I'm pretty sure she didn't mean snapping at me because there was an instant remorse on her tear stricken face. She drew closer and hugged me;

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry... I didn't mean to. I'm sorry... I..."

And she cried even harder;

"Lately I don't understand why I feel so easily agitated and irritable. Even the servants surely hate me now. Please believe me... I didn't mean to."