Grim ◇

•Bernard•

"Father, are you certain about this? What about the opera gala? It's in two days..."

"Cancelled. We will cancel it. There is no way that we will be commemorating your great grandparents' musical legacy while Russia is in chaos. We are summoned for a reason..."

The prince was completely dumbfounded. The crown prince seriously eyed the couple, her former crown princess and her majesty, who waited for her to continue speaking. He linked his hands together before spilling the beans.

"We are summoned to witness what I believe is an execution of the traitors. The Utkins... high treason."

His highness Krystofer rose in surprise.

"Valery? Andros??"

He asked in disbelief.

The crown prince nodded.

Prince Krystofer's eyes were huge.

"You see. Who would've thought that they will do something like this to the notorious Russians. We need to be there as soon as possible."

"B-but father, an open execution at this era... I mean is it still possible??"

The older monarch still in his very serious demeanor.

"The Russians? Why are you even surprised."

Princess Annika appeared so confused and with everything that she's learning at the moment she reached out for her husband's hand and tightly held it.

After their short conversation, the royals were assisted to prepare for their urgent departure to Russia. This will be princess Annika's first time to be exposed to the major royals and I can tell that this idea made her completely antsy. Well it wouldn't be a problem as the main focus of this 'meeting' is about the Russian royals' ordeal.

--◇--

•Annika•

I sat in silence on a chair while servants carefully prepare my things. My husband, seated on his desk as he spoke to people with his phone... I also heard him talking to the Korean prince a while ago. I heard princess Charlie and prince Taehyung are already there. They arrived ahead of the Korean royals...

He was speaking in Hangul and unfortunately, I couldn't decipher a single word.

We were given enough time to prepare and by midnight, flew to St. Petersburg Russia. I've never traveled to Russia and this will be my first time. Despite having well-traveled parents, I wasn't as fortunate as them as I was always left at home. We traveled to France, England and Germany but that's it. Also... I will be meeting some of his friends for the first time. I feel completely anxious. That I stayed silent most of the time.

"Annika, sweetheart. Are you alright?"

I smiled at him and quickly nodded.

"I'm, I'm okay."

He drew me closer for an embrace.