Krystofer ♧

Another typical princess in the making. Probably boring...this is going to be a humdrum marriage if ever.

I stared at the photo and lingered my eyes on her freckled yet captivating face. Beautiful eyes, a sophisticated smile yet a very youthful charm. Her prim smile and the way her hands, carefully rested over her lap indicated a very posh upbringing. Well suited to be a prince's wife. I sighed and eyed my parents as they silently yet excitedly waited for what I had to say. As usual, I gave them a simple smile before I worded out my thoughts.

"She's a few years younger

"She's a few years younger...I hope we won't have problems as I don't like dealing with trivial things. I can't deal with a younger woman's tantrum. Mum, dad, you know how much I despise when someone is being pretty. I don't like people wasting my time. What does she do? Does she know about the royal protocol? I also don't have the patience to explain these things to her. I want her prepared once presented in my court."

My father cleared his throat and gave me a wry smile;

"You still have time to get to know her. Your engagement will take place in a month or two. Supposedly, you are to wed ahead of your sister but now that she is married, our people and the royal council suggested that you must settle down too. We both seriously know that monarchy takes marriage quite seriously. It's not something done by choice. It is an obligation to your people and the country."

I slowly nodded my head. I can't believe that we're discussing my marriage first thing in the morning.

"So when do I see her."

I inquired in a very nonchalant manner.

"This afternoon."

Surprised, I eyed my parents in disbelief.

Great.

Today's going to be a long day.

--♧--

Seokjin•

"Lady Annika, you may enter the room. His majesty Krystofer Seokjin is waiting for you inside the tea parlour."

"Wa-wait, just the two of us?!"

From the slightly ajar door and amidst the silence of the huge room, I heard a feeble complaint from my guest. I requested our first meeting to be a quite personal one without being under my parents' nor anyone's scrutiny. I focused my sight on the door and patiently waited for it to finally open widely. It still took her a few minutes before it slowly opened...