Orchid ◇

•Annika•

Prince Seokjin arrived in his usual gallant demeanor, with his handsome unfathomable face...yet upon seeing me already at our afternoon meeting place, he smiled, which instantly made me flustered. I automatically stood and curtsied. He sat on the chair just next to mine's and he had this different look on his face.

He muttered;

"Finally. Barefaced."

I quickly noted the source of his amusement and gently held my cheeks

Did he find them...ugly?

I became truly conscious that I needed to look away after witnessing his reaction. One of my insecurities are these tiny dots on my face. My nana would often compliment me about them since I was child, which I find really hard to believe. She said that I'm like a cup of creamy milk sprinkled with cinnamon. She'd often tell me that this is one of the things that makes me truly beautiful.

"So...you do have them."

I looked up just to find his majesty's smile.

I couldn't contain such embarrassment that I purposely covered my face

I couldn't contain such embarrassment that I purposely covered my face. I'm sure that smile is not just about being amused. I'm pretty annoyed that compared to mine, his face is quite flawless. Even exceeding most women's skin and complexion. I've seen his sister from a few photos and videos and I felt truly insecure... they are beautiful dot-less people while I'm...I'm...

"Captivating."

W-what?...what did he just...

"Lady Annika. I know I'm making you feel a little uncomfortable. I Apologize for reacting this way...but I must let you know that you don't have to be embarassed for possessing such a natural beauty."