Something ♧

•Annika•

"Morning, Lady Annika, breakfast is served, so please proceed to the glass house."

I smiled at the temporary lady in waiting as she beamed and radiated a positive energy...however, that manner didn't even make my mood a little better.

Last night, while eating pizza, I raised my concern to his majesty about keeping my nana. I said that my stay would be more comfortable if I have her with me as she knows exactly how to take care of me. He had this charming smile on his face yet I was taken aback by his response.

"You cannot expect your nanny to be with you forever. Also, there are things that you should do alone. Maybe it's time for you to start learning about independence my lady. You will never learn receiving constant comfort."

Still baffled, I'm not sure whether he completely shunned the idea or just reminded me that despite the case, I still have to learn being on my own. His voice was calm and endearing, he had an assuring smile on his face when he said that. I wasn't able to sleep last night. I need to make sure.

Our engagement's in a week. It was decided to make it simple and private. The Austrian royal family aren't like the other monarchs who make every family decision sensational. No guests. No press. Family only. Closed doors.

My mother mentioned that they, the royals, wanted to settle it this way because I'm not an ideal candidate. A lot of princesses were after the Austrian prince...which is quite understandable. Why? The power, the spectrum of their influence...and the countries they rule.
They don't want people nor other monarchs prying on such decision. It's like the family is known for not asking validation...so they maintain a huge boundary between them and the world outside.

The Dietrichstein royal family rules two countries.

Austria and Germany.

They are also the ones who maintained the old royalty elegance. Surpassing the French.
From manners, protocols, landmarks and territories, you can still feel the radiance of those who ruled in the past centuries. Despite the prince possessing a mix blood, he still exudes a very elegant and striking face. A few days ago, as I was wandering around the palace, I ended at the family room where huge portraits of the past and recent monarchs; old and contemporary were elegantly and aesthetically hung on the wall. There are framed  photos on a long table as well, just in front of a huge wall window. Family royal crest at the center...then my eyes lingered at the photos of the two youngest Dietrichsteins. Specifically at the son.