Avidity ◇

Annika•

"Are you certain?..."

Bernard bowed to me as a confirmation to his information.

"The prince is about to deliver his speech to the press regarding the scandal, this afternoon."

He repeated, rephrased.

I sighed and turned my back on the amicable advisor.

"Good. Is my presence needed?"

"No, your highness... but it would be better if you listen to what he has to say."

I quickly dismissed his suggestion by shaking my head. Which kind of reminded me about the etiquette lessons I had earlier. I need to dismiss my disagreement with a finger gesture... as a royalty.

"I'll be in our chamber the whole time. It would be great if you could relay me what happened after the presscon... I will be very thankful."

I gave him a smile to which he responded with the same polite gesture.

"You don't have to worry about it, your highness. Naturally, you will be informed about the details."

"Thank you Bernard...you're the only person I can... trust." 

He looked a bit surprised at what I told him.

"I will take my leave, princess Annika."

--◇--

I was a bit startled to discover that the prince is still in our chamber when I got in. Being assisted with his suit, he followed every move I made. His eyes had a glint of indecipherable desire. I couldn't say it was completely a look of yearning but there was a tinge of impatience with it. The dark lenses he wore to conceal his pools of gray even made his look more intriguing and intimidating.

Nevertheless, he still looks captivating... as ever.

 as ever

"Leave."

He ordered his assistant.

The moment we were alone he paced to where I stood and without saying a word, pulled me by the waist and insisted a kiss which I boldly refused. He pressed his body against mine...

The fire in his eyes remained.

"Once I've proven my loyalty, you cannot deny me. I hope I'm making myself clear. If you recall...you're the one who told me that once you've recovered,  we can start building a family... I've got an impeccable memory."