Chapter 27

This chapter is a filler to pretty much wrap up Europe to go back home. I will hopefully update this next chapter much sooner than it took me to write this one (sorry mal8d8)

I was in the tub for quite a while before the water started to get cold. I really didn’t want to get up yet. I groaned as I pulled myself up and wrapped a towel around me. I walked over to V while he was shaving and wrapped my arms around his waist before kissing his back, even with his shirt on.

He quickly turned around in my grasp so that he was facing me. He leaned down and kissed me before he picked me up from behind my legs and placed me on the counter.

“Do you have to go?” I pouted and he looked down at me. “Do you want me to stay?”

I nodded my head as he kissed me again. I felt as his hand crept between my legs before he entered a finger into me. I gasped but also winced before he pulled away. “You’re still sore.”

“How the hell do you know that?” I wasn’t asking in an accusatory way, but genuinely. I only knew I was sore from moving. I hate moving at the moment.

“Well you wobble like and penguin and you just winced at my contact so, I conclude you are too sore for me to stay home for the day.” He rinsed off his razor before he kissed my forehead and walked out of the bathroom.

Okay so he’s more receptive than I thought. “So you’re just leaving me here alone all day?!”

I tried to hurry and get off the counter so I could see him before he left but, instead he came back in and picked me up, carrying me into the room. He placed me down on the bed as he went to put his jacket on.

“You have Alexandra. I’ll be back as soon as I can.” He walked back over and gave me a quick peck before leaving out the room.

I laid on the bed, doing absolutely nothing for a while after V left, before rolling over to get my phone off the side desk.

*Sandra! Kae kreamd ek vrara?* (Where are you?)

The text I received back made me laugh to myself. *What did I tell you about calling me that?! Also, Have you lost your mind? Seriously concerned here.*

I was unaware that she didn’t speak the old language. Maybe it really was an American thing not to speak it.

*I have not. Now get to my room.*

*What’s in it for me?* I was expecting a response like that, so I was already prepared. *Breakfast and Gossip xoxo* I had just taken my finger off the send button when her reply had come in. *Be there in 3.*

Oh yeah. She couldn’t stay away when you offer up her two favorite things. I jumped up to quickly put on clothes myself since I was completely dry. I had just pulled a sweater over my head when I heard a knock at the door.

When I opened it I was disappointed to see room service instead of Alexandra.

“Thank you.” I called out as they left the room. I sat on the bed and tried to take off the silver top before there was another knock at the door. It had to be Alexandra this time.

Opening the door, I heard Alexandra before I saw her come into view. “OMG!!!! HE FINALLY MATED YOU!” I grabbed her wrist and quickly pulled her into the room as I attempted to shush her.

“Oh my GOD! I have to know everything!” I whined as she exaggerated her last word. “Yay! Pancakes. I’ll eat. You talk.” She went over to the tray to grab a plate.

“What? I’m hungry too you know!” She just shrugged to show she didn’t care as I stalked over to grab the other plate.

I had just taken a bite of a strawberry when I spotted Alexandra glaring over at me. “What?”

“You can talk and eat. So get to it. I want to know everything…well not everything but you know what I mean.” I just smiled as I looked back down at my food.

“Well…It was really weird and awkward when we came back to the room. I just sat there watching TV.” She looked like she was waiting for the previews to a movie to be over but I didn’t want to rush the story and have to go back. Alexandra always made me tell a story backwards. “Out of nowhere he decided that he wanted to talk.”

“Oh yeah. You guys got so much talking done.” I threw the stem of my strawberry at her before continuing. “We really did. He told me about his sister, why he hates his name, his family, even why he didn’t want to mate me yet. I learned a lot about V last night.”

Now I had her attention. She wasn’t even eating anymore as she gazed at me intently. “So…”

“I’m not telling details. But that’s when I explain we’re different and well, yeah.”

“Ah I can’t wait until me and my mate is like that.” She seemed a little sadden, like she always gets when she thinks about Mason.

Who would have thought that my ex-best friend would cause my current best friend heartbreak? He wouldn’t even give her a chance.

I stopped and stared nowhere in particular as I thought about how stupid I really was. I have to be the worst best friend in the history of best friends. But that didn’t matter because that would end as soon as we go back to America. Or at least on March 14th.

“Yo Cassie.” I watched as Alexandra waved her hand in my face. “You still there?”

“Yeah. Just thinking about how to get your mate to accept you.”

“How?” She seemed to brighten up at just the thought. “You’ll see.”

*****

I walked to the table Greggor was currently sitting at with Brett before I sat down to join them. Greggor had a smirk on his face I wanted to slap off. “What are you looking at?”

“Nothing. Just glad you finally told her. So why else did you want to see me?”

I tilted my head to the side as I crossed my arms. Greggor just placed down the drink he had as he leaned back in his chair. “That serious, huh?”

“Well first off, I need you to keep Cassie a secret from my family. None of them can know about her.” He nodded his head but glared at me. “Also, I need you to come back with me.”

He froze at that sentence. Greggor loves to be alone. What I’m asking him to do is something he hasn’t done for years. Also, he has a traumatic past when it comes to packs.

 The fact that he wasn’t answering showed that he was trying to find a way to say no.

 “It’s for her.” He contorted his face and I knew he was on the fence about it.

“I have a problem with a Canadian nomad pack. They aren’t as bad as the Russians, but I would like the extra security to keep her safe. As you witnessed yesterday, she can be…reckless.”

He smiled as he stared at the table. “Fine. Only for a few months and I go on my way.” I nodded my head in agreement.

“That’s more than enough.”

“So does that mean I have to step down as beta now?” We both glared at Brett before we all started to laugh. “See this is the V that I know and love. It’s good to see you back.” Brett nodded in agreement.

“Yeah she’s making me soft. Another reason I need you to come.”