Chapter 19

OMG I love all the love you guys are giving me. It makes me want to write more often even if it means missing a little Sunday night football (that's true love).
Sadly Monday equals school and work for the next 3 days so I might not be able to update :(
But here's the next chapter.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I looked at Alexandra, horror stricken at what she just told me. Mason was her mate? I didn’t want to believe it for her sake.

“Cassie?” I didn’t even want to look at Mason at this point. His mate was right here and he just ignored her.

“Instead of worrying about me, worry about your mate.” I could hear the low rumble building in his chest.

Nick instantly stood in front of me to block Mason’s view of me. “We’re leaving.” Nick grabbed my arm and rushed past the two warriors Mason had in the room with us.

In the car I just sighed. I was going to lose my best warrior, my only warrior, to Mason. Shockingly Alexandra made her way to the car and I just looked at her in disbelief. “You’re coming with us?”

“He won’t even acknowledge me. It’s just as bad as being rejected.” I genuinely felt bad for my friend. That she was in this situation.

Luckily our pack was only a twenty minute drive because that car ride was painful. I didn’t have to touch Alexandra to feel the hurt radiating off of her.

Even now I thought of V. He was an ass. He was controlling. But he never made me feel like he didn’t want me there. Well, until I punched him.

Walking through the door, I was almost knocked to the ground when my mother came to give me a hug. “Oh sweetie! I missed you so much! How are you?!” She gasped as she pulled away from me and looked me over once. I knew what she was looking for when she stopped at the left side of my neck.

“You’re already mated?!”

“Ugh, no mom it-“

“I can’t believe it! You just left home! It hasn’t even been two weeks yet!” I grabbed her by the face and pulled her close to me.

“We are not fully mated. He just marked me.” My mom’s eyes went wide with horror and I knew she was thinking the worse.

“Why would he do that?!”

“It’s fine. They have a doctor who somehow medicated me so I didn’t feel the pain.” My mom seemed skeptical but she wasn’t saying anything about it.

“What are you doing home?” I glared at my dad for making me remember my problems with V. “Nice to see you too dad.”

He took two big strides before he kissed me on my forehead and pulled me into a hug. My dad could irritate me, but I did miss him a lot.

“It’s going to take a while to get used to that scent.” I threw my hands up as I stomped up the stairs to my old room. “Everyone keeps talking about this smell!”

They all laughed and I fell face first onto my bed. My first thought was how I missed my bed back at V’s. I quickly sat up as I heard my door open. I could only smile weakly at Alexandra.

Neither of us said anything as she sat on the bed next to me. I knew that I shouldn’t, but I knew it was the only way I would know how she really felt about the Mason thing.

I grabbed her hand. I knew she was strong but how she could keep all of this inside showed she was much stronger than I realized.

“I don’t see how he’s the best one for me.” I could see it, but not with a child on the way.