Chapter 9

I got votes so someone is obviously reading my story. Yay! I thank you a whole bunch. Also this is the last chapter before V comes and takes Cassie away...wonder what will happen? Anyways...the story.

~~~~~~~

I sat behind my desk grinding my teeth together in irritation. I’m so tired of having to do all this damn paper work. People think that the bigger the pack, the better. To hell with that. I barely get time to fight and train.

Brett is already overwhelmed at the moment too, and I don’t trust anyone else to do the job either. I growled when I heard a knock on my door. I don’t need any distractions now.

“Sorry sir. I just came to give you an update.” My mood quickly lifted up with that sentence. I got to hear about how my mate was doing. It had been a while since I’ve heard an update. “In.”

Avery quickly walked into my office bowing his head. After he was upright again he closed the distance to my desk and placed his hands behind his back and stood feet shoulder width apart. Avery was a good solider.

“So what’s the news?” A small smile played on his face. This could only mean that I would like the update.

“Well sir, she got permission to train a warrior recruit.” I raised an eyebrow in thought before those thoughts were cut off by Avery again. “She chose a woman, but the best part is she’s training her our way.”

I stilled instantly. How did she know about the old ways? She was an American wolf. Avery just stood there uneasy as I thought about things.

“How is she training her the old way in sunny California?” I turned my gaze from my work on my desk straight to Avery. I watch as fear flicked through his eyes before he quickly hid it away.

“She started with running, wolf and human form. Then she made her train with trees like we used to but since California’s climate and terrain is different from ours she had to…adapt.” I know that my expression turned darker since Avery looked down at his feet quickly.

“Adapt how?” He cleared his throat lowly, to ready his voice to speak again. “She trains by the ocean at night, making her soak herself to feel the cold, then she trains in the desert by day when it’s scorching hot. She thinks the more elements she can withstand-“

“The better wolf she will be.” So my mate is innovative in a good way. I felt warmth course through me as my wolf showed his approval as well. But she’s young. I quickly cut off my wolf and focused back on Avery.

“Help her. Now leave. I have work to do.” Avery nodded as he quickly exited my office.

****

“Never cross your feet. That’s just asking for trouble.” Alexandra huffed as she threw down her dragon pole. I looked down at the pole before looking back at a disheveled Alexandra.

“Why do I have to stay in my human form?! I’m a wolf. I should-“

“What if you can’t shift? You’ll be a sitting duck. Nothing is more beneficial to you or your survival than being able to take on a wolf in your human form. Now stop bitching and pick up the pole.” I watched her intently as she picked up the dragon pole once again to continue practicing.

I know the last couple of months have been a pain for her. It always sucks in the beginning. First month was nothing but cardio. I made her race in her human and wolf form. While a human she raced me, since I had to do the same thing in the mountains of Hungary, I was quite the opponent. As for wolf form, well I got a little help from Nick with that.