Chapter 31

I know I said I probably wouldn't update but I'm a little nervous about my dentist visit tomorrow. That equals no sleep, which equals writing that is probably...weird lol. I will try to go through it and clean up when I'm not half asleep and scared out of my mind.
Also this is almost entirely in Cassie's POV. Just so you know.

I’m trying to be supportive and give him space but it’s hard. It’s been a week since I've even laid eyes on V. At first it wasn't that bad. I just told myself he was busy and working through his own problems. Now I feel emptiness inside of me growing the more I’m away from him.

“Okay. I tried to mind my own business but I really need to know what’s going on with you.” I slowly turned my head towards Nicole and gave a weak smile. “It’s nothing. I’m really tired. I guess training twice a day is taking its toll.” I lie easily.

Nicole didn't seem to fully believe me though. However she let it go as she changed the subject. “So did you talk about prom?”

“Yeah. He said I can go but I shouldn't go with him.” Nicole seemed outraged by what I said.

“What?! Of course eh should go with you! He’s your mate for crying out loud!” I just smirked as Nicole kept shouting, ignoring the look our teacher was giving to her.

“No. He has a lot of work to do. Plus I’m a sophomore. I shouldn't be going to prom.” Nicole went red in the face before she seemed to burst. “You must be insane! This is probably the last time you’ll be in school. You already speak the old language. Check. You beat up our hand to hand instructor. Two.” I cut Nicole up as she held up a second finger. “Wait. How did you hear about that?”

“The whole school knows about that! Back to what I was saying…private lessons for wolf combat. Check, check. Plus you’re in special tactics. Four. What do you do in that class anyways?” She finished as I just looked at her.

I wanted to answer her but I couldn't get over her method of counting. “Do you always add numbers and checks when you count things off?”

“Shut up and answer the question.” I smirked as I looked up towards the ceiling in thought.

“Nothing much. It’s just weapons, bomb detection, and explosives.”

I thought that I had momentarily broke Nicole since she just stared nowhere in particular for a while. “How can you say you work with explosives like it’s no big deal.”

“It isn't.” I shrug as the bell goes off signaling the end of school.

I survived another Monday. Walking through the hallway, Nicole changed the subject yet again. “So I’m having a stay over at my house. You want to come?”

The question was could I. I wasn't talking to V to ask either and I really didn't want to mindlink him.

Nicole noticed me thinking hard about something. “If you can come just let me know.” I nodded as we stepped outside of the school.

My mood instantly improved when I saw my own dark blue eyes staring back at me. “Nicky!” I yelled excitedly.  My brother had come to visit me.

“Your brother?” Nicole questioned.

Nick had smirked as he walked towards us. “That’s your brother?!” She pointed at Nick and I nodded as I ran to meet him.

He quickly swooped me up and spun me around. “Midget! I've missed you.”

I playfully slapped his chest. Nice to know nothing has changed. I turned back around to motion for Nicole to come towards us. She had to meet Nick while he was here.