Chapter 3

After 17 hours I finally landed in Budapest. I followed the crowd of people and went through customs before I went to baggage claim. It was then that I realized I had no idea who was picking me up.

“Excuse me?”

I turned around to be met with a man way too big to be a human. He was at least 6’5” and 220lbs of pure muscle. He had muscles bulging in places I didn’t even know you had muscles. His eyes were dark blue like mine but his hair was a sandy blonde like my fathers.

“Are you Cassandra?” I nodded my head not quite able to talk yet. “I’m Derrick, your cousin. My men...” He motioned his head to two more behemoths of men, “will get your bags for you. Meanwhile I’ll take you to the house so you can meet my father and get comfortable.”

I nodded my head, still not able to talk. I followed him as we walked out to an all-black Cadillac. He went behind the wheel and I got into the passenger seat. At first the ride was quiet but he seemed interested to know more about me.

“So what have you heard about us?” He glanced over at me before he turned his attention back to the road.

“Nothing. I had no idea that I had another uncle and when I did find out my dad didn’t even tell me his name.” I looked down at my hands embarrassed before I remembered to turn on my cellphone to text Nick.

“Don’t worry. We aren’t surprised. His name is Darrius by the way.”

I nodded my head as he kept asking questions. I answered all of them before we finally got to the house.

“Ugh Derrick. I don’t seem to have service here.”

“Oh yeah. I’ll have to give you a sim card later. I’ll take you to my dad first.”

I followed him to a room when he stopped and motioned me towards the door. “He’s in there. Just knock and walk in.”

He left me there as I knocked on the door. I didn’t hear anything so I walked in like Derrick told me. Sitting in the middle of the huge room was a massive desk with another massive male sitting behind it. Derrick looked exactly like his father. My uncle Darrius had greys at his temples and a few wrinkles on his forehead from frowning too much. Other than that, he could have passed as Derrick’s twin.

“If it isn’t our princess.”

Princess? What was he talking about? No one called me that back home. He just laughed as he motioned for me to take a seat in the chair across from him. When I did he seemed to look me over with a smile.

“Your dad doesn’t tell you much about your family, does he? “

I shook my head no and Darrius shook his head in disappointment.

“Well kid, you’re the first girl born to our family in three generations. That’s why I called you princess. I can’t believe your dad is punishing you for his mistake.”

I looked at him wide eyed, completely lost about where this conversation had gone.

“He didn’t tell you that either.” He sighed running a hand through his hair as he looked back at me. “He should have kept you home from school like he did your brother.”

“Why?”

“Because your brother couldn’t control his emotions, which means you couldn’t control your emotions.”

I think he could see my confusion before he kept talking to me about twins.

“Do you know how special you and your brother are to be twins?”