Chapter 28

I will forewarn that I didn't end this the way I wanted...but my roommate keeps telling me about how I need to go to sleep since I have work in the morning. I wrote this longer to make up for my lack of updates. 

I was excited when V told me Greggor was coming back to the US with us. I was a little sad to leave Aria so soon, but I missed home. I missed Nicky, Ted, and I really wanted to make sure Dante was doing better.

“Ara aeui sruibrad baruqad?” (Are you okay?)  I looked over at V as he mind linked me and shook my head at him.

“I’m just tired.” I gave him a weak smile as he grabbed my hand and rubbed the back with his thumb. The motion alone put me at ease so much that I thought that I would fall asleep right then and there.

“Luna?” I felt as someone gently shook me back and forth in an attempt to wake me. When I forced my eyes open they finally focused on Brett’s smiling face.

“Wrara ded kae kora su su?” (Where did my mate go?)

“He got out of the car at one of our territories we passed to talk to the district leader. You don’t remember?” Brett looked at me, confusion laced all over his features while I had a mental break down. When did I fall asleep?

“Don’t worry Luna. We all dream about being awake at some point in time.” I looked at Greggor with a murderous glare. He knew something. “Where is he?”

“Luna he’ll-“

“Where?” I raised my voice as I began to grow impatient. I've been around long enough to know the excuse they would give me and I wouldn't take it. Not this time.

Greggor seemed to understand my irritation as he pulled out his cellphone and dialed a number before handing it to me. I grabbed the phone and put it to my ear.

“Is my brat grumpy from her nap?” I huffed in annoyance. I really wasn't in the mood to argue about him calling me a brat. “Where are you? And don’t even think about telling me you’ll be back soon.”

His silence told me he had no intention of telling me where he was. Why was it a secret where he was at? “V.” I drawled hoping to get something, anything, out of him.

He still said nothing. I pulled the phone away from my ear and looked at the phone to make sure that we were still connected. Of course we were. He was just ignoring me. “If you don’t-“

“This matter doesn't concern you. I’ll be home when I’m done.” Without a goodbye, he hung up the phone. I looked at the phone in complete shock.

“Luna.” Greggor was trying to warn me but I wasn't having it. He wouldn't tell me where he was, I was going to find him.

With a growl, I quickly bolted for the trees. There was a lot of swears being said as they chased after me but I didn't give up. I knew that once I was in my wolf form they couldn't keep up with me.

*****

I hung up the phone and quickly went back into the meeting I was having with the Alex from the 10th district. When we landed a few of my men informed me that there was an imminent attack from Aiden and his followers.

To make matters worse. The 4th district was bordered with a pack that we no longer had a treaty with. I could possibly be gearing my men up for two wars and Cassie wanted to bother me about my whereabouts.

“As you were saying?” I crossed my arms as I stared right at Alex. He nodded at me in return as he walked back to the table were his files were.

“So ever since you left to Europe there has been an increase in both sightings and activity from their end.” He opened a folder and began to show me photos that some of the warriors had taken.