Chapter 34

So great news is my mom is doing much better since they have arrest the guy who murdered him so I should start updating regularly again. There is going to be between 2-5 more chapters for this book. I do plan however to make this a series but the next book will be about Alexandra and Mason. I hope to make 3 more books (Mason+Alexandra, Nick+his mate, Cassie+V again) let me know what you guys think.  Also this update is short but I felt like I've let you guys wait to long plus a lot will be going on in the next one.

After coming back from the hospital I just sat and watched as both Cassie and Brett slept. He seemed to be in a lot less pain and Dr. Billings said that his body should clear out the wolfsbane in 24-72 hours. Cassie is perfectly fine already according to him. So she will be going to school tomorrow and hopefully she will stay at Nicole’s so I can try and sort things out.

“So they’re going to be alright?” I nodded at Greggor not shifting my sight in the slightest. “So we can speak about our problem?”

His question took my attention away from them so that I was staring him down. “What did you have in mind?”

I didn’t like when Greggor’s view shifted to Cassie. “No.” I quickly stated.

“She’s the best shot that we have. She will be shaking hands at her orvrok kosa. This will give her access to all their thoughts. She can find the spy.” He stated firmly as if to prove a point.

I knew he was right but I didn’t want to use her in that way and I didn’t want her gift to be known either. I also wanted her safe. That would only happen if we found the spy and she would find him the fastest. I couldn’t ask her because she would happily volunteer.

I got up from my seat and walked right past Greggor and out of the infirmary. Walking I walked through the archway into the kitchen where Cassie’s brother was staring at a plate of food.

“She would want you to eat.” I stated simply as I leaned against the counter.

“What do you want?” He asked raising his gaze to me.

“I have a spy and Cassie’s gift could help us flush him out. I’m just worried about using her and I wanted your opinion.” Her brother seemed taken aback by what I said. He quickly placed his blank face back on as he thought about it.

“If it would make her safer, I say do it.”

I sigh in defeat. No one was going to tell me otherwise. I had to let her do it. “Why’d you ask if you already knew what had to be done?”

“I’m over protective or at least that’s what everyone tells me.” He smirked before he got up and walked over to me. “Aren’t we all?” He slapped my shoulder before he walked out of the kitchen to probably go back to his sister’s side.

*****

I groaned as brightness woke me up. Blinking rapidly as I tried to force my eyes to stay open I noticed that I was no longer in the infirmary.

“You have school midget.” This had to be a joke. My brother wasn’t in my room telling me to get up to go to school. He just wasn’t. “You better hurry up and get up before your mate comes.”

I popped up remembering the last time he woke me up for school. I definitely didn’t want another cold shower.

Running as fast as I could to the shower I turned it on before I went into the closet to look for clothes. I quickly grabbed dark wash jeans and a black tank top before grabbing my undergarments.

When I made it back into the bathroom my shower was ready. I got in and washed my hair first. Putting in the conditioner, I washed up my body so that my hair could get a little more moisture. Rinsing it all away I stepped out and wrapped myself in a towel before walking back in the room before I screamed.

My brother quickly covered his eyes as I jumped back into the bathroom. “Why are you still in here?!” I yelled at Nick and heard as V laughed on the other side of the door.

“I didn’t know you would come back in here!”

“I change in my room you idiot!” We shouted back and forth for a while before V finally got my brother out of the room so I could hurry up.

Walking back out V motioned me towards him with a right index finger. I slowly approached not knowing what he had planned.

He picked me up by my waist and placed a kiss to my lips. I smirked with his lips still against mine before he put me back down. “Brett is up. If you hurry you can go and see him before you go to school.”

My eyes went wide with excitement as I got dressed faster than I thought was possible. Opening the door I was pulled back before I could walk out.

“Jacket. It’s cold out there.” V ordered me as I stormed back into the closet. Like he couldn’t get one for me as I went to go check on Brett.

After grabbing a leather jacket with a sweater hood I walked back out and held my arms up, asking for his approval. “Good.” He stated simply as he held the door open for me.

I ran out and slid down the railing of the stairs so I could get down faster. Bursting through the infirmary doors I smiled as I saw Brett with a grin plastered on his face.

“I wondered when you would get here.” He said as he held open his arms for me. I willing went into them squeezing him tightly. “You’re okay.”

“Just fine. A little pain here in there but that’s because I still have some wolfsbane. Once it’s gone I’ll be 100 again.” I breathe a sigh of relief. There was a moment there I thought we were going to lose him. I could go to school without worry now.

“Now go on to school. I heard special tactics is helping you tremendously. Even saved my ass.” He smirked as I smiled wider. It was a lot of help.

Giving him one last hug I got up and waved before walking out to the car. I stopped at the door stunned. V was by the door waiting to let me in instead of Boss.

“Where’s Boss?” I asked still confused as to what was actually going on. V’s face turned into a glare and I quickly just walked over towards him.

“If you want him to take you to school I’ll go get him.” I quickly grabbed V’s arm to stop him. “NO! I want you to take me but you usually don’t.”

Without another word he opened the door and placed me in my seat before he walked around to get into the driver’s side. Ghost climbed in the back behind me and we took off.

As usually our drive started off silent. I didn’t know what to say. He seemed to be seriously thinking about something which means he needed to talk to me.

“What are you thinking about?” I finally got the courage to ask him.

“Your orvrok kosa. I’m going to need you to shake everyone’s hands that stay or work in or around the house.”

I thought that was a given. I was being introduced to the pack as their Luna. Plus I’ve never met anyone outside of the circle V created.

“We have a spy and you’re the only one who will be able to tell who it is.” That’s when I realized what he wanted from me.

I was a little worried about if I would let everyone down. I did get a lot better at reading people’s minds but I still couldn’t see anything I wanted at will.

“What if I can’t?”

“They can’t hide this. It’s probably constantly on their mind how to fit in.” I nodded as the car slowly came to a stop.

Getting out of the car I was met by V on the other side. He grabbed my face with both hands before he bent down and kissed me gently. “For now I just want you to have fun. Go to Nicole’s sleepover and get ready with them before you come to your orvrok kosa tomorrow. Okay?”

I nodded my head as I grabbed his hands with my own. “Okay. Will Brett be there?” V dropped his hands and looked away.I took that as a no.

“He might. Doc said it could take up to 3 days until he’s in the clear.” I nodded a little sad by the news but I would rather Brett be okay than come to my orvrok kosa.

I also want to say thank you ot LaNell Thomas and eilishk for their support and comments. Also want to thank you all for understanding and your support. You are the best :)