Chapter 12

Is he pissed? Doesn't care? Indifferent? Hmmm.......guess we will see.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I heard a door slam making me jolt up from the glorious sleep I was having. I had to admit that V’s bed was seriously like sleeping on a cloud, pure bliss.

I rolled over to see that V wasn’t in the bed with me. I guess I must have been dreaming when I thought he pushed me over last night.

I stretched my arms out while yawning before I rubbed my eyes to wake up more. I looked at the clock and groaned when I read the time of 6am. What weirdo wakes up at 6am?

Slowly I made my way into the bathroom and stared at the shower willing it to work. When it didn’t I huffed in defeat. “Brett! V! Help!!” I screamed at the top of my lungs, hoping they weren’t trying to ignore me.

Almost in a blink of an eye V emerged into the room looking around for the fire. “Why did you scream for me?”  I rubbed my neck nervous as I tried to tell him of my incompetence.

“Well, ugh…I don’t know how to work the shower.” I gave him my signature puppy dog pout but it didn’t seem to work.

Instead he just grumbled as he walked over to the remote. “It’s simple. Turn the dial to set the water temperature. Then these buttons are for the shower head and nozzles. It has three settings for both. High, low, and off. Got it?” I nodded and he just walked out. At least he helped me figure it out.

Doing as V said, I set the temperature to 102 degrees and water to low before stepping in. It felt like I was standing out in the rain, if the rain was perfectly heated.

Inside the shower I realized that there was another remote, with even more buttons. Deciding that I wanted to experience more of the shower, I started the experiments.

Pushing random buttons changed the pressure, but also I found out that it was a steam shower. I turned off the steam quickly when it became too stuffy.

After remembering that I was supposed to go into town with Brett, I washed up before I realized that I made the same stupid mistake. I didn’t grab a towel. Actually I had no idea where they were, hence why V got one for me yesterday.

I couldn’t scream for V again. He would kill me. But how else would I get him to help? Should I sound less urgent when I scream? Wait…did I want him to come in here while I’m standing naked in the shower.

I felt my cheeks heat up even more than it was from the steam filled room. I really didn’t like that idea but at the same time what other choice did I have.

“V!” I waited but there was nothing. No yell back or sudden appearance. “V!!” I screamed louder before I finally heard him yell back. “What?!” He was already passed irritated and went straight to pissed off.

“I kinda don’t know where the towels are and…ugh…” I couldn’t even say anymore, too embarrassed to yell it loud enough for the whole house to hear.

I only knew that V had come in when I heard him groan before walking over to the closet. “You’re a pain in my ass. You do know that right?”

I felt a lump form in my throat from what he said but didn’t know why it upset me. My dad used to tell me that all the time but it never bothered me. I was standing in the shower contemplating before V knocked on the shower door.

I turned off the water and opened the door to grab the towel and wrap it around me. V shockingly, was facing the other way the whole time.

“Are you deaf or something?” My head snapped in his direction. “Where the hell did that come from?” Instead of answering me, he walked into the room.