Chapter 11

How do you like V so far? Isn't he just a big ball of sunshine that makes you feel all fuzzy inside...no? lol well...that's V. I have another small POV for him in this chapter but I will have a full chapter that will be in his POV in the next few chapters. Time to see how that mind of his works. Now for the story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Are you going to stand outside my door all night?” He didn’t sound amused in the least bit. More annoyed.

I just opened the door since he already knew I was there and was met with his cold white eyes staring at me. I swallowed to get rid of the lump that was forming in my throat as I walked in and closed the door behind me.

“Brett took me to the wrong room.” I watched as V’s eyes became slits and his mouth form a thin line. I think I might have signed Brett’s death wish. As soon as it appeared though, it went away. “No. He put you in the right room.” He went back to the papers on his desk as if I had already left the room.

“Then why were their other people’s clothes in there?” He sighed loudly before he threw the papers back down on his desk. “That isn’t people’s clothes. Those are yours.” I was going to ask about the men’s clothes before it dawned on me that they were obviously his.

He really expected me to share a room with him? What the hell is wrong with him? I haven’t even known him a week but we’re supposed to sleep in the same room, in the same bed? He has to be insane.

“You can’t force me to stay here or in a room with you!” He pushed up from his desk and walked over to me in three strides. He stopped right in front of me before he leaned over me. “You’re staying here if you like it or not. Also, I wasn’t going to stay in that room with you but since you hate the idea so much, I just might.” I glared back up at him.

Why did he have to be so difficult? I thought living with my dad was hell. I was proven dead wrong by being with V for less than an hour. I turned to leave but was pulled back by V. At first he just stared at me which made me uncomfortable before he let go of my arm.

He walked over to his desk and threw a set of keys at me before he started looking at his paperwork again. “What’s this?” I held up the keys that he just threw to me. “It’s the keys to your car. You’re not a prisoner. You can come and go as you please. Just don’t try to run away because I will find you, and punish you. Remember that.”

Brett walked into the room and bowed to V. He ran his pack more like a dictatorship. Did he even think of anyone as his equal?

“You’re dismissed.” I rolled my eyes as I stormed past Brett, not really knowing where it was that I was going. “Hold up.” Brett screamed to me.

The only reason I did is because I had no idea where I was or where I was going. This place was just too big and it seemed like a ghost town.

“Where are you going?” I shrugged my shoulders in response, earning a giggle from Brett. “Look. I know you’re probably dying to get away from him but it’s your first night. Why don’t you just go to the room and relax, then tomorrow I can take you around the town.”

I stared at Brett trying to gauge him but couldn’t. He wasn’t as big as V, but V was some kind of freak of nature. But now that I got a good look at him, Brett resembled V is a lot of ways. Same black, pin straight hair, bone structure, and build.

“You look a lot like V.” I blurted out and instantly covered my mouth in horror.

“We’re cousins. So are you going to just settle in tonight?” He gave me a look that showed he didn’t want to talk about anything.