Chapter 16

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper late update but I just started my new job and of course school...*sigh* but I hope to start writing regularly when I get the hang of my new schedule.
Who has missed Nicky?

Since I was confined to the house, I walked to Dr. Billing’s office to see how Alexandra was doing. As soon as I walked in the door I ran into someone knocking them over.

“Are you okay?” I asked worriedly as I tried to help them up.

When the boy laid his brown eyes on me, I thought they were going to come out. He pulled away and quickly got to his feet before he bowed down to me.

“I’m sorry Luna. I wasn’t paying attention. I’m sorry. So sorry.” He spoke at a ridiculously high speed.

“Hey, it’s okay. I ran into you. What’s your name?” He slowly lifted his face until he was completely upright again. “Ted.”

I smiled as I held my hand out to him. “Cassie, nice to meet you Ted.” He smiled before he shook my hand.

“Isn’t he just the cutest thing you’ve ever seen?” Ted's face turned a deep scarlet color as he quickly rushed passed me to get out the room.

I ran over to Alexandra’s bed and sat at the end by her feet before slapping her leg. “You scared him away. How are you doing?”

She just smiled as she leaned up from the bed. “Great. That doctor of yours really knows his stuff.”

“What are you doing here? Or better yet, what the hell happened?”

Alexandra just placed both her hands behind her head as she leaned against the headboard of the bed she was in. “I couldn’t stand being there anymore.”

“What do you mean?” I didn’t need another person to give me cryptic messages. V was enough for me.

“Home. I was tired of being treated like some poor female. I’m a damn warrior and I won the right to be. It wasn’t handed to me.” Alexandra’s nostrils kept flaring when she spoke since she was irritated.

“Tell me everything.” I leaned back onto my arms feeling like her story was going to be long. When she changed her position as well, I knew that I was right.

“It started after you left. They started to plan for the training in spring. Problem with that is I wasn’t on the list.” I wanted to say something but decided to just let her keep telling the story instead. “I just brushed it off, thinking that they just didn’t put me down since I was the only female. Whatever. However we had another rogue sighting and they started to form parties to search.” I rolled my eyes thinking about how good they were at that.

“That’s when I knew they didn’t forget. I went to get placed in a search party and they told me to go home. This was a warrior’s job and I didn’t belong. I was so pissed. I knew the only person who would take me seriously was you, so I came here. But those warriors of yours-“

“They’re not mine.” I cut her off. She just shrugged before she continued. “Well whoever they belong to, they are damn good. Not to mention they just kept coming. How many warriors do you have?”

“In total or just in this district?” Alexandra started to cough from the air she sucked in at my question. “What do you mean district?” She managed to say between coughs.

“V’s territory is so big it had to be broken up into districts where he appoints leaders to overlook the daily tasks but report to us still. But in this district there are over 4,000 warriors. It’s the second most of any district and I have a feeling it’s because of me.”