Chapter 15

I kept tossing and turning on the bed. The blanket long gone and pillows slung every which way. I finally sat up in defeat before trekking into the ghostly silent hallway. I could see perfectly fine without a light, which I couldn’t do before.

Following the scent of V, I found his room a floor above mine. I didn’t want to knock and wake him but I also didn’t want to freak him out either.

Throwing caution to the wind, I opened the door and walked into the dark room. V was lying on his side of the bed with his arm covering his eyes. “What are you doing here?” I sucked in a breath of air upon hearing his voice.

Of course he was up. I slowly walked over to my side of the bed before climbing in. “Cassie.” I still didn’t answer him.

He turned onto his side so he was facing me. I mimicked him until we were looking at each other. “You’re in my bed.”

I smirked before I shook my head at him. “No. I’m in our bed.” I watched as a smirk played on his lips before he quickly turned the other way. “It’s my bed but I’ll share with you tonight.”

I rolled my eyes as I got comfortable in the bed. What a jerk.

***

I woke up when I felt the bed shift. I quickly shot up and looked over in time to see V close the door to the room. I jumped up and followed after him to see what was wrong.

In the living room was the most wolves I’ve seen since I’ve been in V’s territory. V was standing in the middle completely pissed off before he turned to me.

“You shouldn’t be here.” He bit out at me.

God he was so bipolar. Either we got along or he shut me out. There is no in between.

“What’s going on?” I asked crossing my arms to show I wasn’t budging until I got an answer.

I felt as something was placed on my shoulder before I turned to see Brett. He smiled at me as I put on the jacket he had put on me. So that’s why V wanted me out of the room.  “Covered. Now talk.”

He rolled his eyes but walked over towards me. “We have a rogue. Only question now is who will interrogate her.”

“Her?” I said completely shocked. Female rogues were rare, alone they were even rarer. “You think there might be others?” Instead of answering me, he gave a quick bob of his head.

He started to follow one of his men out of the room, so I quickly ran after him grabbing his hand. He looked down at me, confused, before he tightened his grip on my hand and lead me along.

We walked down a set of stairs to what I assumed was the basement before we stopped in front of a cell and my eyes went wide in shock, confusion, and worry.

“Alexandra! Oh my God, are you okay?” I couldn’t stop yelling.

I quickly dropped V’s hand and ran to the bars to get a better look at her. She was beaten, but not too bad. She also seemed to be exhausted.

“What happened to her?” I wasn’t questioning anyone in particular but I did expect an answer.

“We found her in the territory and tried to question her as to her pack and reason for coming, instead she ran. We had to assume she was on our territory without permission and had to detain her for further investigation.” I gripped the bars tighter as the unfamiliar voice continued talking.

“Cassie. How do you know her?” V’s voice was soothing at the moment.

I took a deep breath before I turned around to face him. “She’s my warrior.”